ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Three Southern League South matches postponed … by geemickey22/7 19:00Mon Jul 22 19:00:07 2019view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro 0 Hendon 2 by Middx Wanderer17/4/2017 18:28Mon Apr 17 18:28:29 2017view thread

Re: Christian Nanetti

By cappers16/4/2017 15:58Sun Apr 16 15:58:35 2017In response to Re: Christian Nanetti

Views: 516

I went to the Linfield and Hacken home games in the Europa League this year. Maybe against Linfield, there wasn't much in it. Without checking, I think it finished 1-1 but Cork won the 1st leg in Belfast 1-0. Linfield were actually the seeded team in that draw. In the next round, Cork deservedly beat Hacken over the two legs. I thought they were the superior team as I did watch the first leg on tv. In the second leg in Cork, the atmosphere was electric. It was a really enjoyable night. I watched the first leg against Genk in Belgium on tv and Cork played so well and were really unlucky to lose on the night. I couldn't make the second leg in Cork as I was out of the country. I also went to a league game against Sligo, which Cork surprisingly lost 2-1.

This season the only game I've been to was the recent 3-0 against Derry City. If I'm not mistaken, Derry are traditionally one of the stronger sides in the league but they were completely outplayed by Cork over the 90 minutes. It was a very comfortable win.

I really enjoy watching Cork. They play good football. Look to get the ball down the wings. It's so difficult to say what level they are at comparing it to the English pyramid. I think the league is mixed in terms of ability but I'm sure Cork must be above Conference South level. I would probably say they are Conference National level at the very least but most of the other teams in the league would be Conference South at an estimate. Teams like Cork and Dundalk may even be able to hold their own in the football league. Dundalk lost very narrowly in both games against Zenit St Petersburg. I remember they beat the Israeli team at home as well. They are certainly no mugs. Of course the Irish teams must raise their games for the European matches but even so, they are at a decent level. It's hard for me to say really because in England, I'm only used to watching Ryman Premier or Premier League football and nothing in between.

In terms of tickets and programmes. At Cork, they charge 15 euros for adults and 3 euros for the programme. I bought a programme for the first time for the Derry match and it was a total let down. Other than the standard few paragraphs from the board and the manager everything else was just advertising.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Christian Nanetti by RedHarrow16/4/2017 13:41Sun Apr 16 13:41:05 2017

Previous thread: Havant & Waterlooville v Harrow Boro by South Harrow Old Boy30/3/2017 16:16Thu Mar 30 16:16:30 2017view thread