Re: Worcester City Update
Firstly, great to hear that we are staying up, although nobody likes to see other clubs have financial problems. As Middx Wanderer said, the drinks will be on us next time we are in Worcester. I believe there are still question marks over Gosport as well, so there could be another team in line for a reprieve. I think that would be Cambridge City even though they only managed 47 points compared to Canvey Island who got 52 due to the fact they finished 21st rather than Canvey who finished 22nd. Bit harsh really on Canvey.
As for us moving to the Southern League, I can see two reasons why this is a real possibility.
1). When you look at the level below ours, we are not even close to fitting in to either the Ryman North or Ryman South. At that level we are very much a Southern League club. So based on that, you would think that means we should be in the Southern Prem. Of course traditionally we were the epitome of a Ryman League club but things have changed.
2.) The fact we should have been relegated but have been reprieved, may mean that it will be us rather than Staines who will be moved to the Southern League. The other thing with Staines, you could argue they are better geographically placed for the Ryman league than us in the current situation. I.e if they were to be relegated, they could be placed into the Ryman South (although more likely in Southern Central).
Next article in this thread: Re: Worcester City Update by cappers13/5/2017 17:24Sat May 13 17:24:47 2017
- Worcester City Update by RedHarrow12/5/2017 15:20Fri May 12 15:20:16 2017view thread
- Re: Worcester City Update by Earlsmead part-timer12/5/2017 15:35Fri May 12 15:35:10 2017
- Re: Worcester City Update by South Harrow Old Boy12/5/2017 16:56Fri May 12 16:56:37 2017
- Re: Worcester City Update by RedHarrow12/5/2017 17:09Fri May 12 17:09:02 2017
- Re: Worcester City Update by RedHarrow12/5/2017 17:59Fri May 12 17:59:07 2017
- Re: Worcester City Update by cappers13/5/2017 11:35Sat May 13 11:35:21 2017
- Re: Worcester City Update by cappers13/5/2017 17:24Sat May 13 17:24:47 2017
- Re: Reprieved -Official by Earlsmead part-timer14/5/2017 10:45Sun May 14 10:45:30 2017