I agree with Middx Wanderer. We along with Hendon and Met Police do not have a divine right to be in the Isthmian League just because we've been in it for many years. The boundaries of the league have changed. Metropolitan Police stand for everything they're not. They don't have any police in their squad and they don't even play within the Metropolitan Police boundaries. Their ground is in Surrey. If there was to be a disturbance during a match or there had to be a police presence for a big FA Cup game against Millwall for example, it would be the responsibilty of the Surrey Police force.
I don't know what all the fuss is about of the extra travel in the Southern League. I would class Hendon, Kings Langley, Beaconsfield, Met Police, Staines and Walton Casuals as local games. Banbury, Swindon, Farnborough, Hartley Wintney, Basingstoke, Salisbury and Gosport are no further than many teams in the Isthmian League that we have faced over the years in Kent, Sussex and Suffolk except these places will be quicker to get to as we won't need to go halfway around the M25. That leaves about seven teams where we face relatively long journeys including a trip to Wales.
The issue I see for clubs like us and Hendon is that we may lose players as a result if they live in Essex, East London and South East London etc. We may have to look at recruitng players from Surrey, Hampshire and Buckinghamshire etc.
Next article in this thread: Re: Appeal by geemickey17/5/2018 22:15Thu May 17 22:15:03 2018
- Appeal by TOWN COLOURS16/5/2018 22:06Wed May 16 22:06:53 2018view thread
- Re: Appeal by South Harrow Old Boy17/5/2018 13:21Thu May 17 13:21:09 2018
- Re: Appeal by geemickey17/5/2018 16:01Thu May 17 16:01:21 2018
- Re: Appeal by Middx Wanderer17/5/2018 17:55Thu May 17 17:55:56 2018
- Re: Appeal by cappers17/5/2018 19:20Thu May 17 19:20:36 2018
- Re: Appeal by geemickey17/5/2018 22:15Thu May 17 22:15:03 2018
- Re: Appeal by cappers18/5/2018 11:25Fri May 18 11:25:19 2018
- Re: Appeal by Middx Wanderer6/6/2018 09:09Wed Jun 6 09:09:07 2018
- Re: Appeal by Earlsmead part-timer7/6/2018 17:03Thu Jun 7 17:03:40 2018
- Re: Appeal by Fixtures Direct8/6/2018 12:50Fri Jun 8 12:50:11 2018