Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A Mention For A Loyal Fan. by Terry8/4/2019 19:51Mon Apr 8 19:51:24 2019view thread

Re: Any Other Opinions On Saturdays Game!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)8/4/2019 17:58Mon Apr 8 17:58:37 2019In response to Any Other Opinions On Saturdays Game!

Views: 593

Boro 0-2 Chesham.

We were by far second best until Chesham took a worthy lead. It seemed to wake us up and we had a couple of chances and a goal disallowed for a questionable offside. Killer of a goal on the stroke of half time.

Second half o Connor should have halved the deficit and given us a lifeline. From then on lots of long shots and a header cleared off of the line but never looked likely to get anything from the game in the end.

My opinion -
We lacked width on the left. George Moore didn't want to get at the full back and more often than not cut in to shoot or cross but it didn't work. I was surprised Haugh didn't come on to often a better balance. Bitmead I am not a fan of at all and would rather O'Connor start. Michael Bryan was neutralised and he should have been pushed out wide to try something different. I thought we would have a real go second half and take off a centre half. I'd have liked to see us go for it with Andrew and Pepera going off for Haugh and O'Connor. We could have gone 442 then with Moore at RB and Bryan ahead of him. Anyway I'm not the manager but was just disappointed.

Terry - you called it right, Kings Langley may be bottling it! That's the most disappointing thing about the defeat. They lost to a team nobody expected them to lose to. Even a point with them travelling to Taunton next week would have made it interesting but it's over now. We are desperately out of form. Since the win over Taunton, our only points have been from a draw with Merthyr, who then were thumped 7-1 by Dorchester 3 days later. We beat Gosport who hadn't won for 5 weeks when we turned up to play them and were facing relegation.

For us to win our last 4 games will be a miracle and then we're hoping Kings Langley don't get more than 5 points and Poole 8. In fairness I can't see Poole getting more than 8 but if KL got less than 5 points it would be a huge meltdown. Perhaps they lose to Taunton and get shaky up against an in form Dorchester to take only 1 point from their next two games, but I just cannot see us taking 6 points from the next two games to even put on any pressure. If this happens and we're two points behind with two games to go then maybe I'll eat my words but for now we're playing for fun for the rest of the league matches.

Edited by RedHarrow at 18:01:51 on 8th April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Any Other Opinions On Saturdays Game! by Terry8/4/2019 18:28Mon Apr 8 18:28:33 2019

Previous thread: Harrow Bottlejobs No Way! by Terry8/4/2019 09:58Mon Apr 8 09:58:44 2019view thread