Re: That Race For 5th!
Terry, we were always going to lose games. Despite what you say, our team are not superior to the other teams in the league. Anyone can beat anyone (apart from Staines). Yes some teams have better players than others but the difference isn't so big. It sounds like you were expecting us to win every single game. I haven't been at the games but I seriously doubt the players weren't putting the effort in despite how it might have seemed to you in the stand. You win some and you lose some. That's football.
I'll give you an example from my own experience. In my many years of playing Sunday league football as a very average footballer, no matter how many times I gave the ball away or how many times I missed sitters, I always put the effort in and wanted our team to win. About 8 or 9 seasons ago I was playing Sunday league football in Watford for Colne Valley Royals in the Olympian League Division 1. We had a home game against a team whose name I have forgotten (may have been Everett Rovers) and we lost 8-1. I scored our goal but as a team we didn't play well but it wasn't due to a lack of effort. I tried my best and ended up scoring a consolation goal. The very next Sunday we played the exact same team except this time away from home at their pitch just off the A41 in North Watford (in fact not too far from that little village near Watford that are doing so well this season but are going to miss out on the play-offs to Poole) and we won 6-3 or something like that. We had the same players as the previous week playing against the same players as the previous week. I didn't score but I had a blinder and set up a few goals. Did I try harder in that match and put more effort in? Nope. It was just our day. The previous week when we lost 8-1 wasn't our day. That's football for you!
Next article in this thread: Re: That Race For 5th! by Terry23/4/2019 19:52Tue Apr 23 19:52:03 2019
- That Race For 5th! by Terry21/4/2019 07:08Sun Apr 21 07:08:03 2019view thread
- Re: That Race For 5th! by Whispering Minotaur23/4/2019 11:51Tue Apr 23 11:51:26 2019
- Re: That Race For 5th! by Terry23/4/2019 18:13Tue Apr 23 18:13:41 2019
- Re: That Race For 5th! by Earlsmead part-timer23/4/2019 15:56Tue Apr 23 15:56:41 2019
- Re: That Race For 5th! by Terry23/4/2019 18:20Tue Apr 23 18:20:08 2019
- Re: That Race For 5th! by cappers23/4/2019 19:14Tue Apr 23 19:14:55 2019
- Re: That Race For 5th! by Terry23/4/2019 19:52Tue Apr 23 19:52:03 2019
- Re: That Race For 5th! by cappers24/4/2019 12:11Wed Apr 24 12:11:13 2019
- Re: That Race For 5th! by Terry24/4/2019 18:58Wed Apr 24 18:58:51 2019
- Re: That Race For 5th! by Whispering Minotaur23/4/2019 20:31Tue Apr 23 20:31:42 2019
- Re: That Race For 5th! by Terry23/4/2019 21:07Tue Apr 23 21:07:07 2019
- The race for 7th by harrowred21/4/2019 20:05Sun Apr 21 20:05:16 2019
- Re: The race for 7th by Terry21/4/2019 20:28Sun Apr 21 20:28:27 2019