Re: The future ?
I have thought about this before. I’ve thought about how there is over 250K people in the Borough of Harrow. We struggle to attract 0.1% of those people. We’re also right on the border of Ealing and Hillingdon. There’s plenty of potential fans.
I think partly it’s a lack of knowledge. If the ground was in Harrow Town centre and people passed it on trains and buses all day long then that would automatically spike people’s intrigue.
I think it’s mainly due to a lack of community interactions. I say this in terms of community coaching, there are no youth teams, no in school coaching/links. That’s where Wealdstone win the battle. I know this would be a huge commitment for the club to start up but in the long run it may well bear fruit.
If you had 10 youth teams from u8-U18, that would put the club name out around the Borough on Sunday mornings. It would also mean probably 150-200 youth players signed. They could all be given a free season ticket as part of joining a team. If they then wanted to go, they’d more than likely be taken by an accompanying paying adult. Plus we all know kids want drinks and food when they go to a match. More money into the tea bar. They could be given club training kit to wear around town.
If the club hired some sports coaches and branded it Harrow Borough in the Community and sent them into schools to do some after school or lunchtime coaching links would be made. Earlsmead Primary would be a great start. Any child that attended an after school club could be given a free season ticket. Speciality Saturday morning coaching sessions could take place on the Earlsmead pitch. £5 a head. Lots of ways to engage.
However this would take a monumental effort to start up and maintain. It could lead to nowhere, but it could also be the start of something to help the club.
Next article in this thread: Re: The future ? by Boro Loyal8/9/2020 11:45Tue Sep 8 11:45:54 2020
- The future ? by geemickey8/9/2020 09:40Tue Sep 8 09:40:45 2020view thread
- Re: The future ? by harrowred8/9/2020 11:31Tue Sep 8 11:31:06 2020
- Re: The future ? by Boro Loyal8/9/2020 11:45Tue Sep 8 11:45:54 2020
- Re: The future ? by harrowred8/9/2020 13:11Tue Sep 8 13:11:13 2020
- Re: The future ? by Boro Loyal8/9/2020 13:31Tue Sep 8 13:31:42 2020
- Re: The future ? by harrowexcile8/9/2020 10:35Tue Sep 8 10:35:05 2020
- Re: The future ? by Terence8/9/2020 12:39Tue Sep 8 12:39:12 2020
- Re: The future ? by geemickey8/9/2020 15:14Tue Sep 8 15:14:52 2020
- Re: The future ? by Terence8/9/2020 16:11Tue Sep 8 16:11:45 2020
- Re: The future ? by geemickey8/9/2020 18:55Tue Sep 8 18:55:53 2020
- Re: The future ? by Terence8/9/2020 22:29Tue Sep 8 22:29:37 2020
- Re: The future ? by The Majors Hat8/9/2020 20:44Tue Sep 8 20:44:37 2020
- Re: The future ? by harrowred8/9/2020 20:30Tue Sep 8 20:30:19 2020
- Re: The future ? by geemickey13/9/2020 09:26Sun Sep 13 09:26:07 2020
- Re: The future ? by Earlsmead part-timer13/9/2020 10:45Sun Sep 13 10:45:02 2020
- Re: The future ? by geemickey23/9/2020 08:43Wed Sep 23 08:43:17 2020
- Re: The future ? by T & G23/9/2020 10:02Wed Sep 23 10:02:41 2020
- Re: The future ? by Earlsmead part-timer23/9/2020 16:43Wed Sep 23 16:43:37 2020