Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sad Loss by Terence25/10/2020 23:34Sun Oct 25 23:34:28 2020view thread

My Advice!

By Terence3/10/2020 20:47Sat Oct 3 20:47:23 2020In response to Re: Boro 1 Cray Valley 5

Views: 997

First Of All Well Played Cray Valley And All The Fans Helping With The Pitch During The Summer Certainly Paid Dividends In Getting The Match On.
Where To Start!
First Half I Thought We Were The Better Team And Should Have Gone In Ahead.
As For Team Selection l Personally Would Have Had Lewis Cole Instead Of Kensley Maloney At Full Back But It's Easy In Insight and I Do Sympathise With Steve Baker When Injuries Happen And You Have To Juggle The Pack.
To My Mind What l Can See Of Steve Baker From The Opposite Side To Him Where I Stand Near The Main Stand He's A Hard Working Manager From The "Old School"
Ive Been An Assistant Manager In The Early Nineties Of a Sunday League Team.
We Had A Game Plan Every Match.
Balls Down The Channels.
Crosses In The Box.Long Throws.
Big Emphasis On Set Pieces Getting Delivery Right.
Yes Stopping The Opposistion Play.Some Good Natured "Sledging"
Hard Tackles And Yes Kicks And Fouls.
But Most Of All The One Thing Not In Any Coaching Manual A Fierce Determination To Win.
Which We Didn't See In The Second Half Today.
What Player Was Shaking His Fist Aka Wayne Walters/Harry Manoe Demanding More Effort.
I Didn't See It.Players Jogging In Closing Down The Ball.
Sorry That's Just Unacceptable To Us Fans.
As For The Players Not Being Fit Enough Sorry
I Don't Buy it.
It's More An Attitude Of Mind How Badly Do The Players Want It.Will They Go Through That "Proverbial Brick Wall"
Keep 4-4-2.
Get The Game Plan Right.
Hit The Channels And Good Balls In The Box.
Make Midfield A Battle As We Did Against Salisbury.
Always Hit The Box With Free Kicks When In Opponents Half And Bin Short Corners Forever.Play At A Good Tempo And Shape With Every Player Given Instructions What To Do.Not Playing As Much "Off The Cuff"
Organisation Is Absolutely Vital And That Can Only Come From The Manager And Coach.
Us Fans Expect And Deserve A Big Improvement Tuesday Night From The Players&Management.

Edited by Terence at 21:17:04 on 3rd October 2020

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: My Advice! by TOWN COLOURS3/10/2020 23:23Sat Oct 3 23:23:06 2020

Previous thread: New Signing by harrowred24/10/2020 09:39Sat Oct 24 09:39:52 2020view thread