Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: End of Season Disaster. by Fulham red28/4 20:07Sun Apr 28 20:07:02 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Portsmouth v Harrow Borough Match Preview. by Terrance5/11/2021 09:22Fri Nov 5 09:22:15 2021view thread

Re: Good Luck

By Rick_Pumpkin5/11/2021 08:41Fri Nov 5 08:41:16 2021In response to Re: Good Luck

Views: 566

I think there's a general malaise around the place and that reduces the appetite to watch our misfiring squad. We have distant owners who in their defence are happy to improve the infrastructure at the club, but are reluctant to pump more cash into the playing side. A lot of people wanted Kenny Jackett out but didn't consider that whoever came in behind him could be much worse - then it happened with the Cowley brothers.

As friendly of the two of them are they are guilty of maybe promising a lot but delivering next to nothing, with our performances this season being way below anything that happened in preceding seasons. Their signings over the summer in the main have been poor with only the loanees in Bazunu and Romeo standing out alongside Thompson, a freebie who had a bad injury record over recent years but who is being nursed back to health slowly. He played 70 minutes on Tuesday against Cheltenham and was for me the stand out performer.

I'm on the fence with the management and if they can move on Jacobs, Harrison and (fingers crossed) Marquis then there's a huge portion of the playing budget to spend on players who actually want to be at Fratton Park. Until then I think crowds will be down generally and it'll take quite a selling job by the club to convince people to return. I'm one of them - I held a season ticket until 2019, even keeping it when I lived in the States for a few years, but Jackettball dried me out in the end. Nowadays I pick and choose the games to go to and apart from Crewe at home earlier in the season I haven't seen what I think is a decent Pompey performance in a couple of years. It doesn't help living north of Birmingham, but I suppose that's only a problem when it suits me!

The good thing about Cowley is that it sounds like he's going to play a strong side tomorrow and not use it as a reason to rest players, not that we have a squad big enough to do that anyway. You might see a youngster or two and Harry Jewitt-White springs to mind, but generally it should be the lumpen footed plodders who've graced the pitch regularly for us this season.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Good Luck by TOWN COLOURS5/11/2021 09:21Fri Nov 5 09:21:44 2021

Previous thread: Portsmouth squad by harrowred4/11/2021 20:27Thu Nov 4 20:27:53 2021view thread