Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Bukowski appointed by harrowred1/6 10:54Sat Jun 1 10:54:18 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Rejecting the reprieve by harrowred16/5/2023 20:12Tue May 16 20:12:37 2023view thread

Re: Boro receive relegation reprieve and stay in Southern league Premier

By harrowred (RedHarrow)15/5/2023 20:46Mon May 15 20:46:08 2023In response to Re: Boro receive relegation reprieve and stay in Southern league Premier

Views: 639

I’m still very much in shock. I’d pretty much come round to the idea of being at Step 4 and probably ISC. I’m not disappointed as you always want to be higher and step 3 technically should allow us to see better football. However, I was also looking forward to some new grounds, local matches and even Boro being in the top half (not that it was guaranteed). Today’s announcement throws in a load of questions about how the club moves along for the next season now. Firstly, the budget which was significantly cut. Will the VPs go deeper into their pockets? We’re along way off this seasons Step 3 budget, so if they don’t get it back up to that, it could be an even worse season than the one we just had. Would the powers at be, be happy with a lower budget and ‘another’ relegation. Or will they back JB to see what he can achieve at this level now?

Another question is the manager. Would he have been appointed is SB was leaving us with guaranteed step 3? I know Michael Bryan and MCS both applied but my thought (total speculation), is that the club may have gone for Gary Meakin instead who is experienced at this level. I can’t see Boro getting rid of Berry at any point this season. We’re quite a loyal club with regards to managers so even if we were sitting bottom at Xmas, he probably wouldn’t be moved on. That would be especially true if the budget is kept low and the club ‘don’t mind’ going down. Depending on the way the club goes now, it could be a real possibility that if the club do not back JB, that he leaves of his own accord if things don’t go right during the season. If he sees it as an impossible task, he may rather get out and save his reputation rather than go down with us. I think that would be fair if he was unfairly given a low budget with no hope of staying up.

Players is the next question. This decision ultimately changes the way JB looks at his squad. Probably don’t swoop for quite as many players from Egham. Can/will he be able to afford players he wants for this level. Again depends on the budget. Who will now consider staying that would have otherwise left. Leonard, Brosnan and Noel-Williams must be easier to keep around as well as Biler, Sharman, Chukwu and Ikebuasi. Do we have a chance at keeping George Moore? Drazic was my choice for a chance in goal, will he be given a chance at this step?

It’s fascinating really. I hope the club commit more money (what we can afford) to the playing budget and give JB a chance to make a mark at this level. It’ll be such a waste if we flounder in the bottom 4 all season and get relegated anyway.

I hope the club start to announce signings, friendlies etc as we move along in the next 6 weeks. A lot of clubs seem to do so and it would be nice if we did too, even just for a bit more prominence on social media.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Boro receive relegation reprieve and stay in Southern league Premier by harrowred15/5/2023 20:57Mon May 15 20:57:13 2023

Previous thread: Welcome Jordan Berry - New Manager by Earlsmead part-timer6/5/2023 09:44Sat May 6 09:44:58 2023view thread