Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Record Victories by Middx Wanderer24/4/2019 20:32Wed Apr 24 20:32:47 2019view thread

Re: That Race For 5th!

By cappers23/4/2019 19:14Tue Apr 23 19:14:55 2019In response to Re: That Race For 5th!

Views: 791

Terry, we were always going to lose games. Despite what you say, our team are not superior to the other teams in the league. Anyone can beat anyone (apart from Staines). Yes some teams have better players than others but the difference isn't so big. It sounds like you were expecting us to win every single game. I haven't been at the games but I seriously doubt the players weren't putting the effort in despite how it might have seemed to you in the stand. You win some and you lose some. That's football.

I'll give you an example from my own experience. In my many years of playing Sunday league football as a very average footballer, no matter how many times I gave the ball away or how many times I missed sitters, I always put the effort in and wanted our team to win. About 8 or 9 seasons ago I was playing Sunday league football in Watford for Colne Valley Royals in the Olympian League Division 1. We had a home game against a team whose name I have forgotten (may have been Everett Rovers) and we lost 8-1. I scored our goal but as a team we didn't play well but it wasn't due to a lack of effort. I tried my best and ended up scoring a consolation goal. The very next Sunday we played the exact same team except this time away from home at their pitch just off the A41 in North Watford (in fact not too far from that little village near Watford that are doing so well this season but are going to miss out on the play-offs to Poole) and we won 6-3 or something like that. We had the same players as the previous week playing against the same players as the previous week. I didn't score but I had a blinder and set up a few goals. Did I try harder in that match and put more effort in? Nope. It was just our day. The previous week when we lost 8-1 wasn't our day. That's football for you!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: That Race For 5th! by Terry23/4/2019 19:52Tue Apr 23 19:52:03 2019

Previous thread: HBFC 9 STFC 1 by Earlsmead part-timer22/4/2019 18:56Mon Apr 22 18:56:01 2019view thread