Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: The Long Ball Game"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: The Long Ball Game

By Middx Wanderer30/9/2019 09:03Mon Sep 30 09:03:14 2019In response to Re: The Long Ball Game

Views: 1151

I think you will find Hendon are playing pretty much the type of football you are suggesting. It's not good to watch & for Hendon clearly not getting them results.

Most of our players are contracted for the season, so I suggest being positive about what we do have & stop repeating the same negative advice.

We don't take long throws, in fact we struggle to take accurate short ones, no need to repeat that one.
We don't hoof our free kicks 50 yes upfield, probably because we do not have a 6'6 centre forward.
We don't try to kick the opponents off the park in midfield most weeks we play better football than our opponents.
There are 16 teams below us in the league most have a bigger budget than us, most have less travelling costs too. They would happily swap places in the league with us "The next level" has been achieved we are competing at the top end of the league.
We played exactly the football you suggest under Eddie Stien, It wasn't successful & I know which team I prefer to watch.