Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Poole 3 Boro 3 by Terry22/1/2019 22:01Tue Jan 22 22:01:38 2019view thread

Boro 1 Swindon Supermarine 3

By Terry19/1/2019 18:11Sat Jan 19 18:11:20 2019

Views: 868

Very well played to Swindon who deserved there win.l think on this forum we must be brutally honest about what we see.First of all the guys are doing brilliantly well by being in a play off place and much credit to Steve Baker and his management team.But its a big But what was saw on the first 45 mins was not good enough.Standing on halfway l saw players duck out of challenges and not show enough fierce determination to win the ball.Thats not good enough at any Level.The Second Half a big improvement.We need to get the ball forward quicker and use the channels this business of square balls accross the area cost us the third goal Losing the ball in a bad area.We need to play in the oppositons half of the pitch more and these short free kicks no good get the ball in and around the box.We urgently need a Leader someone to shake their fist too often a ball is overhit and its a shrug of the shoulder.Weve still got matters in our hands and we need a big improvement at Poole on Tuesday.Come on You Reds!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Boro 1 Swindon Supermarine 3

By Earlsmead part-timer19/1/2019 19:38Sat Jan 19 19:38:25 2019In response to Boro 1 Swindon Supermarine 3Top of thread

Views: 826

Agree with much of what u say there Terry. We were poor today, to many individual, bad performance's and Swindon deserved their win. They were quite happy to sit deep and let us have the ball and we couldn't really do anything with it. The spark seems to have gone from our game. Need to buck up our ideas fast.

Didn't see him there today but (but perhaps he was over the overside of the ground with most of the Marine supporters) Did u manage to make the game "Harrowexile" and if u did , what did u make of it ?

1 person likes this 1 person   

By harrowexcile20/1/2019 11:08Sun Jan 20 11:08:18 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Swindon Supermarine 3Top of thread

Views: 848

Hello Earlsmead part-timer,

I'm afraid I couldn't make yesterday's game. I'd been checking the Supermarine website for quite a few days before the match, and couldn't find anything about coach travel to Earlsmead, got no answer from numerous phone calls and eventually saw in the fixtures list that they were running a coach. By then it was too late for me to make any arrangements. They were only charging £10 for the trip as well. Perhaps I had a premonition they were going to lose!!!!! After 3 league defeats on the trot, and conceding a few goals in the process, I hope we can soon get back to winning ways to keep in that play- off position.

Regards. Tony

By Earlsmead part-timer20/1/2019 14:10Sun Jan 20 14:10:40 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Swindon Supermarine 3Top of thread

Views: 804

No problem "Harrowexile"
From a Boro' point of view yesterday's game was tough. Away at Swindon I thought 'Marine looked a good side, despite their lowly position and they must have done their "homework" on us this time as they stopped our free flowing football really well and are now right in the hunt for the play-offs.
We're not playing that badly and with a little luck we should (hopefully!) get back to winning ways.

By harrowexcile20/1/2019 16:19Sun Jan 20 16:19:11 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Swindon Supermarine 3Top of thread

Views: 783

Hi Earlsmead part-timer,

Yes, I was really disappointed to have missed yesterday's game, not only to have seen what they have done to the club in over the 50 years since I was last there, but also to have seen the house where I used to live.

Tony

By Middx Wanderer20/1/2019 00:45Sun Jan 20 00:45:26 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Swindon Supermarine 3Top of thread

Views: 816

Disappointing. Felt sorry for George Fenton, i thought he played well. But generally the defence were poor.
Not sure the team need McLeod & Ireland playing together, as they seem to be doing the same job. We looked far better when Keita can on.
When we are chasing a game Bryan must do things quicker or take him off. As soon as he had possession Swindon had 10 behind the ball before he released it.

By cappers20/1/2019 15:20Sun Jan 20 15:20:06 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Swindon Supermarine 3Top of thread

Views: 771

After our defeat to Beaconsfield, I thought that was the end of our tough run of games. I didn't realise Swindon were in such good form and now just below us in the table. I thought they were at the other end of the table!

As is often said in football, it's easy when everything is going well but the tough part is when things aren't going well and on a losing streak. Let's see what Steve Baker and the team are made of from now till the end of the season. It will be a real shame if our season just peters out and end up in a mid table position.

Previous thread: Middlesex Senior Cup Semi-final draw by Middx Wanderer16/1/2019 19:03Wed Jan 16 19:03:36 2019view thread