Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Whats The Score? by Terry17/9/2019 16:31Tue Sep 17 16:31:49 2019view thread

What to Improve On!

By Terry15/9/2019 06:59Sun Sep 15 06:59:23 2019

Views: 691

Cappers and Earlsmead Part timer make some good points
Every match is important and maybe we were unlucky not to get any thing yesterday.
But the point is this we Lost 3 goals at Poole.
3 goals at Beaconsfield.
We dont keep enough clean sheets because we arent good enough when we havent got the ball as a unit.
I would start Excellence every game playing midfield as a ball winner someone who can disrupt the opposition.
We are too Lightweight in that area.
This 4-5-1 system get rid off.
4-4-2 the way to go.
I dont understand why Ryan Moss didnt start yesterday l think we should Poole far too much respect.
Tuesday night we should win but Beaconsfield will come and try and make it a battle so good test for our guys can they beat a team Like Beaconsfield with Limited football ability and win ugly if you Like.
Lets hope so!!!!!
Come on Reds!!!!!!

Edited by Terry at 07:09:58 on 15th September 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: What to Improve On!

By Middx Wanderer15/9/2019 11:22Sun Sep 15 11:22:59 2019In response to What to Improve On!Top of thread

Views: 691

I am really confused why you have mentioned a number of times that Excellence should be playing in midfield, He is a lad that is improving & a valued member of the squad but is a forward or attacking midfielder if used there.
We probably have as good a choice of midfield players at the moment than we have ever had . Kensley has been on the bench recently & Mark McLeod is out on loan. Preddie & Ireland who played in defence yesterday , would probably be ahead of Excellence in the peeking order too.
So Moore, Bryan, Cole, Otudeko, Maloney, Ireland, Preddie, McLeod & Holland are all far more likely to feature than Muhemba in our midfield line up.

Take our chances & make our opponents have to chase the game & we will be fine.

By Terry15/9/2019 22:43Sun Sep 15 22:43:52 2019In response to Re: What to Improve On!Top of thread

Views: 646

Hello Middlesex Wanderer l ask this question who is there in midfield whos a natural ball winner.
Its ok when we have the ball fine we have talented players but when a team comes Like Beaconsfield comes Tues night have we got a plan B to deal with teams to be honest who are going to kick a bit and turn it into a battle thats my concern.
Its ok wanting to play good football the best teams can change their gameplan and deal with all situations.
I mention Excellence because hes powerful and difficult to get off the ball where as some of our midfielders strength isnt in that department.They arent strong enough on the ball.
But whatever Steve must bin this 4-5-1 rubbish he did this against Taunton lst half and Poole yesterday till Moss came on on 54 mins why are showing these teams so much respect.4-4-2 please!
Looking forward to Tuesday!!!!
So Come On You Reds!!!!!!

By Middx Wanderer16/9/2019 09:14Mon Sep 16 09:14:35 2019In response to Re: What to Improve On!Top of thread

Views: 618

Terry your like a 606 caller that is criticising a manager after games you haven't seen.
Moss played 90 mins v Beaconsfield, he didn't really make an impression, so no surprise he didn't start. He got a great welcome from our supporters when he came on , as we all know he is a class player, but has had a difficult start to the season.
As for the shape of the team, it is often changing which is a great credit to the team & management, so do not need to bin anything we have so many goalscoring midfielders we will never only have one up front.
We are an excellent footballing side (Arsenal of the souther league perhaps) & our supporters at Poole acknowledged that with much applause for team & management at the end of the match on Saturday.

As for not being able to "battle" , the bully boys of the League, Taunton did not get the better of us, so we have no problems there either.

If you want to watch a team of cloggers you will be disappointed , if you want to watch a team playing passing football, which may at times be frustrating when a pass goes astray, but wins a lot more than they lose you are following the right team.

Up the Boro

By Terry16/9/2019 11:04Mon Sep 16 11:04:14 2019In response to Re: What to Improve On!Top of thread

Views: 615

Yes agreed Middlesex Wanderer but theres got to be a mix.
I cant afford to call 606 lm too poor!
But Looking at the highlights on you tube those 3 goals could have been prevented.
The first one the midfield dont track the run of the 2 who wins a subsquent corner which they score from.
2nd goal looks offside by the Poole player has 4 yrds of space on the ball to make the pass.Again midfield at fault.
George Fenton whos normally Excellent and Good Leader on the pitch just at fault for the 3rd as he was ball watching not following the run of the forward he was marking.
We played well l agree but its only my opinion 4-4-2 its an easier system for the players to understand and you can get behind ball easier as a unit.
But at the end of the day only one thing counts Winning no ifs not buts play all the Fancy Attractive football thats Great But its all about Results and Winning matches.
Looking forward to Tuesday!!!!
So Come On You Reds!!!!!!

By Whispering Minotaur16/9/2019 13:29Mon Sep 16 13:29:20 2019In response to Re: What to Improve On!Top of thread

Views: 619

How can you not afford to call 606? It's free to call them! Or are you unable to afford a phone?

It seems to me that you expect perfection from your players - players who are playing at the 7th level of our national game. They are going to make mistakes, they aren't always going to be in the right place. If they were, they'd be playing in the Premier League!

I do thank you, Terry, for your ever entertaining comments however, they do give me a good laugh.

By Terry16/9/2019 14:52Mon Sep 16 14:52:01 2019In response to Re: What to Improve On!Top of thread

Views: 651

Thanks Whispering as ever.
Didnt know that about 606 surely they havent got callers all Like me!!!!
As for Perfection No but Organisation yes.
If your saw the goals v Poole on you tube you will see what l mean.
Just suppose it was 4-4-2.
You man mark when you havent got the ball in other words as part of the teams gameplan. Each outfield player should be assigned a player to mark when we havent got the ball.
Thats not Perfection Whispering thats Planning.
Thats the Management responsibility to do.
1st goal Poole guy runs unmarked from midfield and as a result wins a corner that they score from.
2nd Goal a Poole player has 4 yrds space to pass for the runner oks its offside but thats not the point.
So not perfection but tactical planning when not in possesion.
As Middlesex Wanderer said we are entertaining a bit Like Arsenal thats great but if you cant defend well as a unit you cant be successful in the Long term.Just Look at Arsenal what happened at Watford.
Hard Work and a Fierce Determination to win you wont find that in the coaching book but dont try to be successful without it.

By Earlsmead part-timer15/9/2019 12:23Sun Sep 15 12:23:37 2019In response to Re: What to Improve On!Top of thread

Views: 713

Yes I have to agree there Middx.
I don't know about the league cup game last week but yesterday I thought we did very little wrong other than not taking our numerous chances to score when they came along.
Poole after there early goal seemed quite content to put 11 men behind ball and sit in their own half for large parts of the second half and try and catch us on the break, ( I must admit their 3 goal was a cracker and there was little we could have done about that - highlights of the match from a Poole point of view are up on their forum)
Quite a few of their fans came up to the Boro fans and to myself to say at the end of the match that we didn't deserve to lose and to be fair quite a few express the same sentiment on their forum.
Enjoyed the day out there, nice town friendly fans (from what I experienced) would certainly go back, shame the result spoilt it !!!!

Previous thread: Reports on Poole v Boro. by Terry14/9/2019 18:21Sat Sep 14 18:21:34 2019view thread