Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Plan B/Another Way! by Terry19/9/2019 12:52Thu Sep 19 12:52:04 2019view thread

Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.

By Terry17/9/2019 11:39Tue Sep 17 11:39:55 2019

Views: 1065

Boro are 1/3 favs with the Bookies for this one but we can take nothing for granted its easy on paper and its on the pitch that counts.
This will be a good test how we are progressing l suppose matches Like these against mediocre opposistion was our downfall in Last years promotion push Losing at home to Wimbourne and Frome thinking we could out football them when a different approach was needed.
I will use the word Battle because thats what Beaconsfield will make it in midfield yes they may kick a few of our guys.l hope are we tough enough to deal with it and maybe win ugly if you Like.You cant always out football teams Look at Arsenal at Watford!
We certainly cant take Beaconsfield for granted ok it was a mix and match team that Lost there 3-2 Last week.But they still beat us.
So l hope we go 4-4-2 take the game to them from the start and get in their faces Let them know whos the better team.Good Tempo playing the game in their half of the pitch which we are doing a Lot better this season now we dont play from the back as much.
We need these 3points to keep the pressure on the Leaders and hopefully pray God a clean sheet would be heaven!
As for the Score 3-0 Boro!
Come On You Reds!!!!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.

By RedHarrow (harrowred)17/9/2019 12:16Tue Sep 17 12:16:08 2019In response to Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 1036

I agree with Cappers that it was disappointing to lose to them in the cup last week. They lost again in the league at the weekend, 4-0 to Wimborne who are not doing so great themselves.

I get teams can be out of form and have blips but if we don’t win tonight it will be 1 win in 5 and that will have been against Binfield who are two leagues below. In my opinion this is must win! I have the faith we have enough to win this and will do but I’m sure Beaconsfield will be up for it as they beat us last week.

I have every faith in Steve and the management team to keep the good style of play going and pick up the results we desire. I think if they can get Moss to start scoring then we will take off on a great run.

Come on you reds!

By Terry17/9/2019 13:11Tue Sep 17 13:11:05 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 1076

Yes some good points l would start Ryan Moss in a 4-4-2
Hes probably a yard off the pace but hes a quality player he just needs a break in front of goal.
Doesnt matter how we win this as Long as we do!
Red Harrow do you have a score prediction!

By RedHarrow (harrowred)17/9/2019 13:37Tue Sep 17 13:37:33 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 1148

I think we will find home comforts and grab a win. I’ll plump for 2-1. 0-0 at half time though. Bryan to get the breakthrough, Moss with the winner.

By Middx Wanderer17/9/2019 16:39Tue Sep 17 16:39:25 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 1044

2-0 to Boro with about 70% possession of the ball.
Moore & O'Connor to score.

By Terry17/9/2019 17:20Tue Sep 17 17:20:44 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 1039

Thanks Middlesex Wanderer for your prediction l. Like the win to nil!

By RedHarrow (harrowred)17/9/2019 21:50Tue Sep 17 21:50:24 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 1049

I look forward to your match report Terry. I’m going to guess that Muhemba should have played instead of Cole and that we didn’t get stuck in enough or show enough leadership at the end.

By Terry17/9/2019 22:29Tue Sep 17 22:29:44 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 1019

Red Harrow as Meatloaf once sung You Took The Words Right out of my Mouth.
But Theres more to it than that and lm just composing my thoughts!

Re: Harrow Boro 1 Beaconsfield 2

By Middx Wanderer17/9/2019 23:05Tue Sep 17 23:05:56 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 1057

First half we played well, created a number chances, scored one , missed too many.
Passed the ball well, dominated play.

2nd half was the worst team performance since a dreadful day at Merstham a couple of years ago. Clueless
Didn't create a single chance.
Gave away free kicks all over the park.
On a least six occasions passed a square ball directly to an opponent in our own half.

By Terry17/9/2019 23:18Tue Sep 17 23:18:33 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 Beaconsfield 2Top of thread

Views: 1145

Yes totally agree Alan Middlesex Wanderer lve expressed some strong opinions in my article.
Im a discipline.of a more direct and combative approach but of course its a game of opinions and thats what our great forum gives.
I hope some of the management are reading our forum and taking in what is needed as its big game financially for the club Saturday.

By Earlsmead part-timer18/9/2019 08:35Wed Sep 18 08:35:32 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 Beaconsfield 2Top of thread

Views: 1052

Beaconsfield definitely got the "hex" over us that's for sure !
My view on it, well I don't know what their manager said to them at half time but it worked. They were hopeless 1st half, 2nd they closed us down, broke up play and put us under constant pressure.
We went from playing good football, passing well, getting behind their defence and getting good crosses in with numerous chances to score in the 1st half to just hoofing long balls up to an isolated Moss and O'Connor. Giving away free kicks, and being unable to string two passes together.
Got to be better Saturday, hope it was just a blip, we learn from it and put it behind us.
COYR's Saturday's a big game.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 08:38:24 on 18th September 2019

By Terry18/9/2019 08:49Wed Sep 18 08:49:12 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 Beaconsfield 2Top of thread

Views: 991

Yes a good assestment Earlsmead Part Timer.
I dont go for this bogey team stuff.
Every match is a new challenge and previous results irrelevant.
Obvious weakness in Midfield someone who can dig a bit and boss the game and on going prob l should have mentioned in my Long article hope l havent bored everyone with that someone who can take a Long throw.
We urgently need a plan B its not just about good football all the time.
I get the impression the guys are told just to go out and express themselves and results will come.
I think theres a serious Lack of tactical nous and planning in regard to making us tough to score against and being to one dimensional with the short build up play when sometimes you need to be more direct and get crosses in the box early.
Thats my view l know many wont agree but lm sorry what we saw Last night 2nd half was poor.

By TOWN COLOURS18/9/2019 19:45Wed Sep 18 19:45:50 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 Beaconsfield 2Top of thread

Views: 1042

Agree Terry we definitely need a plan B. I often think we show our cards too early in matches. It seems quite often the opposition susses us out following a half time team talk. That certainly was the case in the 2 Beaconsfield matches. Personally I cannot understand why our best player who is extremely versatile is playing so deep at right back. George Moore is capable of playing anywhere on the park and he is the last person I would substitute unless injured. Changing his position from there during a match would immediately give us a plan B .We must be able to adjust to how the opposition come out in the second half. I know Steve has to try and keep all players happy. Saturday is far more important as it means potential good money for the club if we go on a run. It maybe Steve B knew Carshalton were watching so did not want to give too much away. I hope that was the case!

By Terry19/9/2019 09:51Thu Sep 19 09:51:13 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 Beaconsfield 2Top of thread

Views: 944

Hello Dave Town Colours some very astute points there and l thought l knew it all!!!
Good point about George Moore l would always be playing him in attacking midfield role his ability to shoot is a big weapon and hes the ability to run with the ball.
Ok sometimes off the ball he has to work more not get so frustrated and knuckle down.
I will make this clear Steve Baker his Coach and the Players are doing fantastically well on the resources available at Harrow Borough.
The comments l and others make on this forum is to help promote new thinking and make Boro a better team.
None of us have a monopoly of all knowledge.
Not even me!!!!
You mention a Lack of a Plan B as l have Town so around 12noon today lm going to give it a go on the forum and give a Plan B when the total football we try to play doesnt work or needs changing aka Beaconsfield.
Thanks for you valued contribution Dave Town Colours.

By geemickey18/9/2019 09:33Wed Sep 18 09:33:25 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 Beaconsfield 2Top of thread

Views: 1024

Harrow Borough is a team that notoriously blows hot and then cold - even within a match !

Forget Beaconsfield (at least the 3 points went to a good cause !).

All that matters short term is that you beat Carshalton on Saturday and win some much needed cash.

By Terry18/9/2019 12:21Wed Sep 18 12:21:56 2019In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 Beaconsfield 2Top of thread

Views: 972

Yes thank you Gee mickey for your words about Saturday.
I have to say with proper organization we wouldnt blow hot and cold we would be tough to score against tough to beat and get teams against us on the back foot playing a pressing game with early balls into the box from wide areas far more than we do at the moment.
Chesham top you must be smiling!!!!

Previous thread: Harrow Boro 1 Beaconsfield 2 by Terry17/9/2019 23:07Tue Sep 17 23:07:59 2019view thread