Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Vs Carshalton by RedHarrow19/9/2019 11:17Thu Sep 19 11:17:56 2019view thread

Plan B/Another Way!

By Terry19/9/2019 12:52Thu Sep 19 12:52:04 2019

Views: 586

Im in total agreement with Town Colours about our Lack of a Plan B!
I watch the games very close to the main stand vitually on half way a great view and you can really watch and read the game closely.
Im for a more direct style but of course its a mix of what you do against different opposition.
I know other fans want free flowing style that we play unfortunately if just play one way as Town rightly said you can get sussed out easily aka Tues night.
So lm giving 10 things we dont do well enough or shouldnt do again.Here Goes!!!
1 When you have throw never throw it backwards or in field always down the Line.
2 Short Corners Bin.Its50/50 you get a cross in from a short corner so why take the risk.
3 Free Kicks on half way Pointless taking them short you should always hit box or channel to win a 2nd ball.
4 Find Someone who can throw Long ball in box.
5 Find holding midfield player yes who can dig a bit and pass a 10yrd ball well.
6 Never play out from back you can Lose the ball in a bad area.
7 Playing Short Passes in build up to attack is Pointless get ball in wide area and Bombard the area with Crosses.
8 As a Defensive unit all 10 outfield players man mark their opponents when we dont have ball.
9 Play the game in Opposition Half of the pitch.Possesion statts mealingless its pressuring in opponents half.
10 Bin this Possesion style game if theres nothing doing were keeping the ball going backwards.Hit the ball forwards and win second ball.But most of all Intensity needed for 90 mins of every game.
Those are my views people may call it Long ball but who cares its all about winning!!!!!!
So Come On You Reds!!!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Plan B/Another Way!

By Whispering Minotaur19/9/2019 13:02Thu Sep 19 13:02:40 2019In response to Plan B/Another Way!Top of thread

Views: 565

1. What if you don't have any players in a good position down the line?

2. This one I concur with. I hate short corners!

3. Why is it pointless taking a free kick short on the half way line? Why not build the play up, rather than thumping the ball forward and immediately losing possession?

4. How often do long throws result in goals? About as often as short corners do in my view!

5. Who would you recommend?

6. But if you thump the ball forwards you can lose possession immediately - why not hold on to the ball - the opposition can't score if you have possession of the ball.

7. What's the point of bombarding the area with crosses if the opponents have defenders who are taller than your attackers?

8. Why do you need to man mark defenders?

9. Can't argue with this one.

10. What happens if you don't win second ball, you've not got possession any more. I refer you to my answer to number 6.

There is a time and a place for long ball football, but I wouldn't have it as the only alternative plan. Why don't you go and speak to your manager about your concerns? I'm sure he's very approachable and willing to chat. I challenge you to speak to the boss about your concerns. Let us know what he says in response.

By Terry19/9/2019 22:58Thu Sep 19 22:58:45 2019In response to Re: Plan B/Another Way!Top of thread

Views: 483

Thanks to Whispering Minotaur for answering my 10 points now l give my answer back.
1 You throw a ball down the Line you can never Lose a ball in a bad area.
2 Short Corners we agree!
3 Free kick. on half wayalways hit the area if poss thats where the goal is!
4Long Throw good weapon at this Level
5 Excellence should be given a go at playing Holding role.
6 Playing out from back ball can be Lost in bad area.
7 Crossess can be played in on ground or air our 2 forwards fairly big.Teams dont Like defending crosses means they are working.
8 Man mark every player.So in case of their defenders you press them and hurt them in possesion.
Without the ball is just as important as having the ball.lf your too easy to score aka Boro you wont win the matches you should.
9 Opposition Half common sense that one.
Play in their half as much as poss.
10 Possesion Game Bin.Lets be more direct and be confident of winning second ball around the area instead of endless passes going nowhere.

Edited by Terry at 22:59:54 on 19th September 2019

By Terry19/9/2019 15:03Thu Sep 19 15:03:55 2019In response to Re: Plan B/Another Way!Top of thread

Views: 511

Thanks Whispering thats very kind of you to reply.
As for speaking to Steve Baker lm not here to tell him what to do.
Hes the Ultimate boss fans gave offer opinions but buck stops with him.
He can hear my views at most home matches anyway!
In around an hour l will give you a reply of your 10 answers to my 10 questions being Irish l hope that makes sense!

Previous thread: Harrow Boro v Beaconsfield Match Preview. by Terry17/9/2019 11:39Tue Sep 17 11:39:55 2019view thread