Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Harrow Borough 0 Gosport 2 by Terry28/9/2019 17:47Sat Sep 28 17:47:39 2019view thread

Stinking Performance

By RedHarrow (harrowred)28/9/2019 16:52Sat Sep 28 16:52:11 2019

Views: 657

Today SB took the Terry approach.

Moss, Kearney and Williams up front. Long ball. It didn’t work. It didn’t look like working. We created one chance the whole game when Maloney had a shot saved inside the box. That was after an hour. The subs changed nothing.

I felt like we needed some width. Perhaps O’Connor and Oduteko could have provided it. When they did come on, they also played central. The whole team played poorly. I’m sure it’ll get better. There’s attacking options and players to come back from injury but it wasn’t pretty today.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Stinking Performance

By Earlsmead part-timer28/9/2019 19:25Sat Sep 28 19:25:02 2019In response to Stinking PerformanceTop of thread

Views: 602

Yes what a stinker!
We just looked really flat to me, confidence seems to have evaporated and most importantly of all we've stopped playing football.
Yes Gosport were well organised, big and strong, took their chances but there are going to be a lot more teams come down to Earlsmead who are better than them (blimey, that shows how poor we were) and how many goals have we conceded to a well place ball over the top this season? (answer a lot IMO)

I also agree with you "Red".

There's nothing wrong with a well timed long ball that splits and turns a defence. But its no good just punting aimless, mistimed long ball's to the forwards who have constantly got their back's to defenders it makes life unbelievably tough for them to make anything out of it.
Anyway that's "My two cents worth"
Let's hope we can turn it around and get our form back, we've got the players so I'm sure we can.

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Stinking Performance

By Terry28/9/2019 17:47Sat Sep 28 17:47:05 2019In response to Stinking PerformanceTop of thread

Views: 590

Red Harrow lm about to give my considered views shortly but dont be confused by this Long Ball term.
Your playing a pressing game in opponents half with good crosses going from set pieces and free kicks
If you cant cross well trust me you wont win many games as lm about to explain!

1 person dislikes this 1 person

Previous thread: Whats The Score? by Terry28/9/2019 08:39Sat Sep 28 08:39:56 2019view thread