Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Harrow Borough V Tiverton Match Preview. by Terry7/12/2019 06:15Sat Dec 7 06:15:49 2019view thread

Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford B

By Whispering Minotaur5/12/2019 14:55Thu Dec 5 14:55:39 2019

Views: 894

To quote Terry "So on to Tuesday get stuck in and send Brentford B Packing!" - only one team were sent packing on Tuesday and it wasn't Brentford!

I popped along as I was unable to get to Dunstable to see Hendon, and what I saw was the home side eventually get thoroughly outplayed by a young and exciting Brentford B side.

The home defence was full of holes, giving the keeper no chance with most of the goals. Any keeper will concede goals when the players in front of him put in a poor performance.

Tough game for you guys on Saturday, Tiverton were excellent at Hendon a couple of weeks ago.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford B

By newishred5/12/2019 15:15Thu Dec 5 15:15:16 2019In response to Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 1035

Not an unexpected outcome in the slightest. Just look at who Brentford B have played and beaten in the last few weeks. Train full-time and picked as exciting players for the future from different parts of the world. So believing they would be sent packing was an unrealistic expectation. That said, I thought Harrow showed well, as per the match report, for the first 30 minutes or so. Shape looked good and going forward looked quite exciting. Confidence and some luck is needed for Saturday and beyond but no shame losing to Brentford B in the slightest.

By Terry6/12/2019 13:45Fri Dec 6 13:45:36 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 807

Just seen the brief highlights on you tube.
We did create a number of chances early but the crossing was Looking good but finishing woeful.
You must at least hit the target with those chances and make the keeper work.
Hard work and good coaching and any player should be able to to do that.
Brentford Bs first goal is soft the keeper must deal with that corner by imposing himself by punching the ball away and yes we were outclassed but basic defending errors were there for all to see and some players just jogging and seeming to accept things.
Well tomorrow we cant have that and make sure we give it 100% effort to beat Tiverton.

Edited by Terry at 13:45:58 on 6th December 2019

By Terry5/12/2019 17:31Thu Dec 5 17:31:02 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 929

Agreed Newishred.
Brentford B Full time pros.
Agree with you about Confidence needed.
As for Luck always comes in handy.
But you make your own Luck through Hard Work and Effort both on the pitch during matches and when the training sessions take place.

By newishred5/12/2019 18:29Thu Dec 5 18:29:22 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 915

Luck is always earned, agreed. I watched the game vs Yate last weekend. Frankly, the game could have gone either way in my opinion. Thought we have good effort and competed well but it was almost a lack of belief that made the difference in the end. Yate came off a win against higher league Braintree and seemed to just have that extra 1% to make that difference at the end. Game management lets call it.

Anyway, I see lots of positives and with recent squad changes, once they gel then Lady Luck will give them that vital extra lift needed to stay safe and push onwards.

I have faith..

By Terry6/12/2019 06:27Fri Dec 6 06:27:37 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 871

Newishred youve got it spot on.
Ability wise we can match most teams in this league
But there needs to be more Football nous needed.
Winning 2-0 against Swindon we end up losing 3-2.
From what l Can see theres no real game plan the players seem to be told go and and play and Thats it.
You mention Self Belief thats Steve Bakers job to install.
Is there enough of a fear factor about Losing.
I dont see it.
We need to see more of a Fierce Determination to win and yes use some of the Dark Arts if neccessary Let Tiverton know they are in a contest get stuck in the midfield dont give them time on the ball.
The first corner dont Let their keeper win the ball unchallenged makes sure we put a robust challenge in going for the ball.
In other words we need to be more street wise and yes win ugly if need be.

Edited by Terry at 06:28:07 on 6th December 2019

By TOWN COLOURS6/12/2019 10:20Fri Dec 6 10:20:25 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 869

After our loos in the LSC final last year to Brentford we went on a 3 match unbeaten run.
Hopefully the players and management got some fresh ideas after Tuesday and we will at least mirror last year. By coincidence the team we next played at home after the final last season was you guessed it -Tiverton.

By Terry6/12/2019 11:44Fri Dec 6 11:44:47 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 1069

Thanks for that Dave Town Colours Lets Hope indeed!
But it needs for some players to be stand up and be counted with a heavy pitch and strong wind we dont need "Entertaining or Total Football" just the 3 points by yes if we have to grinding out a win.
We bring our A game tomorrow we should have too much for Tiverton.
See you Tomorrow.

By Whispering Minotaur5/12/2019 15:27Thu Dec 5 15:27:17 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 1007

Agreed newishred - Brentford B are a superb side, and very enjoyable to watch. I agree about the first 30 minutes or so, the report is a very good one and reflects what I saw.

By Terry5/12/2019 15:02Thu Dec 5 15:02:14 2019In response to Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 901

Hello Whispering we are all on the forum in silence on Tuesday night.
Saturday vital.
I know the guys will be up for it and so will the fans.
A must win match.
We will win it lm confident!

By Whispering Minotaur5/12/2019 15:26Thu Dec 5 15:26:25 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 1066

Why are you confident you'll win it?

Tiverton have the second best away record in the league this season, 18 points in 8 games, and are scoring an average of 3 goals per game away from home.

Meanwhile, Harrow have the second worst home record in the league this season, picking up just 7 points in 9 games at Earlsmead, scoring just 10 goals - just over one per game.

It's odds on for a Tiverton win. I'll be quite happy to eat my words if it is a Harrow win.

By Terry5/12/2019 17:42Thu Dec 5 17:42:14 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 875

Well Whispering Minotuar thank godness matches are played on grass and not on paper.
Its simple what we need Saturday get hold of the midfield start with a Good Tempo yes a Few Tackles going in and from our first corner make sure we get a Challenge in on their Keeper and just show we mean Business.
Dont worry if l see players jogging or not getting stuck in l shall soon Let them know from my posistion on half way.
Its a vital match not just a test of football skill but of our guys Character.
So lm Confident on this one.Tiverton are Nothing Special we keep it simple 4-4-2 weve got the better players and and lm saying 3-1 To Boro.

Edited by Terry at 17:42:51 on 5th December 2019

By newishred5/12/2019 18:32Thu Dec 5 18:32:19 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford BTop of thread

Views: 903

they got beat at home by Gosport last weekend. so maybe some jitters on their side and maybe even take us for granted and a guaranteed 3 points. always easier punching above your weight than down. Motivation should be relatively 'easy' this weekend. well in the movies that's true anyway :)

Previous thread: Yate v Harrow Borough Match Preview. by Terry30/11/2019 12:01Sat Nov 30 12:01:41 2019view thread