Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Harrow Borough 0 Weston Super Mare 4. by Terry21/12/2019 18:05Sat Dec 21 18:05:57 2019view thread

A Few Issues!

By Terry15/12/2019 09:04Sun Dec 15 09:04:08 2019

Views: 1225

Well not a great day yesterday.The game at Northwood off and far more important we Lost 1-0.
Any Forum members who were at the game please can you give a match summary of what happened.
Also if anyone knows how many teams go down this year.
I was under impression it was 3 but Looking at a table online it just gives 2 relegation places.
So if anyone knows for sure please say.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: A Few Issues!

By geemickey15/12/2019 11:00Sun Dec 15 11:00:39 2019In response to A Few Issues!Top of thread

Views: 1117

An excellent report is published after every Harrow game Terry.

Middx Wanderer has kindly provided the links.
Either will give you more information than you'll want to tread !

By Terry15/12/2019 13:26Sun Dec 15 13:26:53 2019In response to Re: A Few Issues!Top of thread

Views: 979

Yes Thank You to Yourself and Middlesex Wanderer l have just read the report.

By Earlsmead part-timer15/12/2019 12:39Sun Dec 15 12:39:49 2019In response to Re: A Few Issues!Top of thread

Views: 957

OK I didn't go to the match, but I knew we wouldn't win, as I said yesterday.
I don't know what the answer is, I guess all we can do is keep the faith and as Terry says keep training hard and hope it turns around.
But unless we pull our fingers out we're already relegated by the new year. :(

By Terry15/12/2019 13:38Sun Dec 15 13:38:16 2019In response to Re: A Few Issues!Top of thread

Views: 1010

Right l have read the report.
I wasnt there obviously but just Looking at the team on twitter before the start we are playing 4-5-1 against a team who have just shipped 4 goals to Dorchester.
We do have a striker crisis at the moment but as the report stated when Excellence came on to play up front we Looked a threat.
Its beyond me lm sorry that he didnt start and we play a 4-4-2 formation and take the game to Gosport.
See by trying to be clever playing someone off the main striker who isnt good enough and some fancy formation you create very few chances as reported.
If we cant get a recognised stiker on loan this week start with MCS and Excellence up front next week and bombard the box against Weston Super Mare with crosses.They are both big Fellas so should offer a threat.
Management team must take the blame for that the tactics poor and they need to start thinking positive again and stop worrying about the Opposition so much.

By newishred15/12/2019 17:03Sun Dec 15 17:03:31 2019In response to Re: A Few Issues!Top of thread

Views: 933

Actually, Terry. It was the formation that kept the game close, in my opinion. They changed theirs first as they were frustrated. so it was the right thing to do. Didn't understand some of the changes of personnel in positions, but that would be just a personal opinion of mine and not fact. so won't lambast anyone on here because of that. also, my opinion on some of those starting is also personal and the mgmnt team know them better than I do, so again have to believe their reasons for gifting them starting positions.

We are competing but just lack that confidence and little bit of individual quality if you ask me.

By Terry16/12/2019 02:23Mon Dec 16 02:23:27 2019In response to Re: A Few Issues!Top of thread

Views: 1258

Thanks for that input Newishred as someone who was at the game.
Some interesting points you mention.
First about Formation and how our 4-5-1 made Gosport change their system.
Well l would say this we went there in my view to nick a goal and defend because we are worried about Gosport.
A team remember that just shipped 4 against Dorchester.
Thats far too negative in my view.
Start with 4-4-2 and take the game to them.
Be Postive at all times.
As for Personnel and the Management knowing best well as in the team formation lm afraid not good enough.
George Moore must start in midfield in a wide area for his Crossing/ Shooting Ability.
I would have played George Fenton in his Position.
From what l have seen Otudeko isnt up to this Level.
He has good feet and technical ability but hes not strong on the ball and his contribution isnt enough.
If he shuts me up next game by scoring l will happily eat humble pie!
To play him in a false No.10 role that would never work.
Thats bad Selecting and Planning.
Excellence l know isnt really a forward but hes a big physical precence and surely should have started with MCS in a 4-4-2.
There's too many fancy systems and being too clever by half.
Straight 4-4-2 some Fierce Determination to win and we can start to rebuild our season with a win against Weston Super Mare this Saturday.

Previous thread: Anti Racism by BoroHome&Away15/12/2019 15:17Sun Dec 15 15:17:57 2019view thread