Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Truro V Boro You Tube. by Terence20/9/2020 18:11Sun Sep 20 18:11:44 2020view thread

Truro v Harrow Borough Match Preview

By Terence19/9/2020 11:02Sat Sep 19 11:02:48 2020

Views: 549

Wishing The Players, Management,The Board But Most Of All Our Great Fans All The Best On That Mammoth Journey To Cornwall.
In My View It's Complete Madness How Non League Is Structured At The Moment With This Trip And Merthyr Too Of Course And Teams Pointing South and West.
In My View We Need A London Home Counties League To Comprise Of Middlesex/Surrey/Bucks/Herts/Essex and Kent So There's More Possibility Of Local Derbies And This Travelling Of Vast Distances Can End.
As For The Match Will Be Tough.
I Wouldn't Bother Trying To Out Football Truro Best To Get In The Faces Let Them Know They Are In A Contest and Yes Win Ugly If Need Be.
A Draw Would Be A Good,Result So 2-2 Im Saying!!!
Come On You Reds!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Truro v Harrow Borough Match Preview

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)19/9/2020 22:47Sat Sep 19 22:47:05 2020In response to Truro v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 596

Hello all, I was at the game and believe we did really well. Team should be proud! Individuals like Moore and Ireland excelled against a strong Truro city after a long journey to cornwall which was always a hard challenge for any team to face. Special mention goes to Matt hall in net who made a range of excellent saves for us... keeping it 0-0 for so long. Would want to give credit to Ben tricker too who was calm and controlled in defence. As for their goal, we got cheated out of draw... Southern league ref's AGAIN!!

By cappers19/9/2020 11:33Sat Sep 19 11:33:50 2020In response to Truro v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 955

There is a London Home Counties League. It's called the Isthmian League but not everyone can fit into it. That's why teams such as ourselves, Hendon, Hayes, Met Police etc are in the Southern Premier South as we are furthest west. That's the way it goes. No complaints from me.

Otherwise you're looking at an Isthmian Premier with about 30 teams and the Southern Premier South with about 14 teams. That wouldn't work.

By Terence19/9/2020 11:41Sat Sep 19 11:41:37 2020In response to Re: Truro v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 542

Cheers Cappers Thanks Your Reply.
Simple One This Isthmian Premier 2 Too Then.
It is,Just Crazy Borough Are Having To Go To Play a League Match In Cornwall!!!

By Earlsmead part-timer19/9/2020 14:25Sat Sep 19 14:25:07 2020In response to Re: Truro v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 684

I've got to agree Terence , it is crazy Harrow having to go down to Cornwall to play a league match.

When I used to live in West London I'd think Tiverton Town was just about the absolute limit west we should have to travel.
All points east of there I didn't have a problem with, as it could take just as long going to Essex/Suffolk or Kent with often a nightmare journey around the M25 to boot if we were in the Isthmian league.
Good luck to the team and fans making that long , long journey to Truro.

By Terence19/9/2020 18:58Sat Sep 19 18:58:09 2020In response to Re: Truro v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 563

Hello Earlsmead Part Timer Thank You For Your Support On This One!
Sounds A Close Fought Encounter Down In Cornwall.
If Any Fans Who Were There Can Give A Outline What Happened That Would Be Fab!

Re: Truro 1 Harrow Boro 0

By Middx Wanderer19/9/2020 22:03Sat Sep 19 22:03:51 2020In response to Re: Truro v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 608

A very decent performance that probably deserved a point.
Moore, Ireland & O'Connor all went close to scoring. Defensively we were very good . The home side were restricted ro only a couple of clear chances which Matt Hall dealt with well. No complaints about the result but Jordan Ireland was clearly fouled in the build up.

If they are the leagues best side, we are not too far behind

By Livinginexile20/9/2020 10:11Sun Sep 20 10:11:50 2020In response to Re: Truro 1 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 894

Congrats to all those who traveled down yesterday. Hope the journey back went well.
Shame the result didn't go your way, but as others have said, a decent performance.
Had the pleasure to see Peter Rogers, who along with his father, I used to stand with when I was about 10 years old to the left of the old wooden stand. Regards to Noel, and The Family from Twickenham, whos daughter is "Boro Mad"

Best wishes for the rest of the season.

By Middx Wanderer20/9/2020 10:42Sun Sep 20 10:42:52 2020In response to Re: Truro 1 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 575

A very long day . The train with players & supporters on arrived at Paddington 15 minutes before midnight So most will have got home after 1am.

Hope all are refreshed & ready to go again tomorrow evening.

Our support might of only been 10% of the attendance. But we gave our team far more vocal encouragement than the home supporters.

By Terence19/9/2020 22:23Sat Sep 19 22:23:20 2020In response to Re: Truro 1 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 578

Thank You Alan Middlesex Wanderer For That Report and Harrowred Too.
Yes Agreed Ability Wise We Can Match Most Teams We Just Need To Be A Bit More Adaptable In Style Of Play Sometimes.
But Overall Sounds A Good Start To The Season.
Nothing To Fear From Beaconsfield On Monday Night in The FA Cup They Are A Average Team Play To Our Best We Shall Beat Them!
I Spent The Day Watching South Oxhey Reserves Lose 4-1 But That's Another Story!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/9/2020 22:09Sat Sep 19 22:09:07 2020In response to Re: Truro 1 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 636

Let’s hope we can continue to put in strong performances. Big match up next. Long trip with not much time to recover now

Previous thread: New social media! by Boro Loyal17/9/2020 15:11Thu Sep 17 15:11:18 2020view thread