Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: QPR Historian - he's one of our own by The Majors Hat29/10/2020 18:48Thu Oct 29 18:48:31 2020view thread

Beaconsfield 1 - 4 Boro

By The Majors Hat26/10/2020 23:06Mon Oct 26 23:06:46 2020

Views: 778

Important 3 points tonight.
First half was pretty even. We soaked up a lot of pressure early on without Beaconsfield looking like scoring until we gave away the ball in midfield and allowed their player to run 20 yards unchallenged and place his shot into the bottom corner.
Ant took both his goals well and we deserved to go in 2 -1 up.
Second half we were properly under the cosh for the first 20 minutes and we could easily have been 4 -2 down before Liam scored from the spot after a blatant push.
A world class save from Dan Purdue followed by a great penalty save a couple of minutes later kept the 2 goal advantage.
Game finished by a top class goal on debut for Darnell Wynter.
Whole team battled well and we deserved the points.
Team does look a bit unbalanced with players in positions they clearly aren't comfortable in.
A couple of genuine full backs would be great additions to the squad?

Beaconsfield had someone from their bench sent off for the second time this season against us.
Referee was very pedantic as all of them seem to be this season.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Beaconsfield 1 - 4 Boro

By Terence26/10/2020 23:32Mon Oct 26 23:32:38 2020In response to Beaconsfield 1 - 4 BoroTop of thread

Views: 705

Hello Major You Have Summed Up Tonight's Match Very Well.
First Of All I Must Give A Very Big Thank You To Tony One Of Our Loyal Fans Who Gave Me A Lift In His Car To Beaconsfield This Evening From This Great Town Of Watford!
I Thought The Direct Approach We Played Tonight Worked Well And Our Effort And Commitment Was Excellent.
We Lost A Soft First Goal But Then 2 Excellent Finishes From Anthony O'Connor,A Pen From Liam Ferdinand And One From New Signing Darnell Wynter Who Impressed Made It A Comfortable Win.
As The Major Said A Great Pen Save And Another Worldie Save From Dan Purdie Came When We Were Under The Cosh But A Truly Excellent Win And I Have No Hesistiation In Giving Anthony O'Connor Man Of The Match.
As Many Fans As Poss Go To Burgess Hill Saturday And Let's Start A Epic FA Trophy Run Like All Those Years Ago!!!

By geemickey27/10/2020 09:43Tue Oct 27 09:43:39 2020In response to Re: Beaconsfield 1 - 4 BoroTop of thread

Views: 711

Man of the match for me was your goalkeeper Dan Purdie. He looks to be a great find.

Without several superb saves from him this could have been a 5 - 5 draw.

The 1-4 scoreline flattered the Borough - they stuttered their way through the second half and, in my opinion, were no better than Beaconsfield.
I would still back them (Beacs) to avoid relegation.

Allowed to operate as a left winger, Dernell Wynter will score goals for Borough and, linking with O'Connor and Ferdinand, the three will pose a real pacey threat to opposing defences PROVIDED they get some decent service from the midfield, which wasn't really the case last night.
Add in George Moore and there'll be plenty of goals and entertainment to come for the loyal Borough fans.

Borough may yet challenge for a playoff place.

Edited by geemickey at 09:45:44 on 27th October 2020
Edited by geemickey at 09:45:56 on 27th October 2020

By red-v-neck27/10/2020 11:07Tue Oct 27 11:07:53 2020In response to Re: Beaconsfield 1 - 4 BoroTop of thread

Views: 729

Agree the score rather flattered the Borough and we got the rub of the green in the second half. That said, we were long overdue some luck and the team seemed much more together last night. Heads didn't go down and the team withstood some good attacking play by Beaconsfield. Was especially impressed with the way Ant let Ferdinand take the penalty for the very important third goal.

By Middx Wanderer27/10/2020 12:59Tue Oct 27 12:59:26 2020In response to Re: Beaconsfield 1 - 4 BoroTop of thread

Views: 570

Great to see all three forwards on the score sheet with very well taken goals .
Dan Purdue easily the man of the match, he was outstanding To be honest all others were 6 or 7 out 10. Good & very important result but not a great performance overall .
We had makeshift wingbacks last night, so plenty of opportunity to improve

By harrowred (RedHarrow)27/10/2020 16:53Tue Oct 27 16:53:03 2020In response to Re: Beaconsfield 1 - 4 BoroTop of thread

Views: 579

Hey if we don’t play great and score 4 goals we can’t complain. Like Middx Wanderer said, two non full backs were playing. Lots of room for improvement. With Ferdinand, O’Connor and Wynter on form and some so perceived ‘easier’ fixtures to come in the next 6 weeks, I’m sure we will see some points added on the board.

Any idea when George Moore will be back?

By Terence27/10/2020 20:25Tue Oct 27 20:25:35 2020In response to Re: Beaconsfield 1 - 4 BoroTop of thread

Views: 739

Hello Harrowred.
Yes George Moore Was In The Queue At The Burger Kiosk Last Night At Beaconsfield With Myself & Town Colours.
He's A Very Sociable Fella We Were Asking Him About His Wonder Goals This Season!
He Said Foot Still Sore But Improving!
I Was So Impressed With The Commitment Shown By The Players And Plenty Of Good Skill Too.
Every Player Put A Shift In.
We Play That Same Way Against Burgess Hill On Saturday l Can See Us Winning Easily.
An Early Score Prediction For Saturday 3-1 To Boro!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)27/10/2020 21:47Tue Oct 27 21:47:08 2020In response to Re: Beaconsfield 1 - 4 BoroTop of thread

Views: 686

Good stuff on George Moore.

Terence - Burgess Hill have just lost at home in the league 5-0 to Whyteleafe.

They’re now bottom.

By Terence27/10/2020 22:04Tue Oct 27 22:04:54 2020In response to Re: Beaconsfield 1 - 4 BoroTop of thread

Views: 537

Cheers Harrowred.
Yes George Very Friendly A Pleasure Talking With Him Last Night.
As For Burgess Hill It's The Same As Last Night Take The Game To Them And We Have Better Quality All Over The Pitch.
Tempo Was The Word Last Night And How We Got The Ball In Good Areas With Pace.
Now We Have Binned The Slow Build Up Stuff From The Back We Look A Far Better Unit Playing A More Direct Game.
It Was Good To See So Many Of Our Fans At Beaconsfield It Was Like A Home Match!

By Middx Wanderer27/10/2020 16:56Tue Oct 27 16:56:08 2020In response to Re: Beaconsfield 1 - 4 BoroTop of thread

Views: 585

George was there last night & said he is training this week.

Previous thread: Beaconsfield v Harrow Boro Match Preview. by Terence26/10/2020 11:14Mon Oct 26 11:14:08 2020view thread