Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Burgess Hill get an FA trophy bye... If only we'd turned up by The Majors Hat4/12/2020 09:29Fri Dec 4 09:29:43 2020view thread

White Smoke over Southern League Towers

By Middx Wanderer3/12/2020 15:21Thu Dec 3 15:21:40 2020

Views: 577

There will be jointly issued Statement by the SouthernLeague, the Isthmian League and the Northern Premier League at 6pm today

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: White Smoke over Southern League Towers

By Fulham red3/12/2020 19:29Thu Dec 3 19:29:05 2020In response to White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 526

According to Isthmian league season is still suspended with regular reviews. Can't see Boro playing till the new year.

By Middx Wanderer3/12/2020 20:49Thu Dec 3 20:49:25 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 614

Next review by December 16th. I agree that its probably going to the new year before we play another competitive match.

By Terence3/12/2020 22:19Thu Dec 3 22:19:28 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 547

I Think This More A White Flag More Than Some White Smoke.
But With The Southern Leagues Record Of Dithering Any Smoke Maybe Be Possible!
Of Course I Can See Things From Non League Clubs Perspectives.
Without Bar Money & Food Sales In The Ground It Leaves A Hole In Match Day Income.
It Is This Hopeless Governments Crazy Rules Urged On By The Brothers Grim Vallance & Whitty That Have Stopped Us Restarting The Season.
My View Would Be To Restart As I Believe The Show Must Go On But Im Not In A Posistion Of Running A Club And The Financial Commitment Involved.
Hopefully That Home London Senior Cup Tie Could Be Played On A Saturday Before Christmas.

By The Majors Hat3/12/2020 16:30Thu Dec 3 16:30:39 2020In response to White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 668

Doesn't bode well as the word resumption doesn't appear anywhere...

By Middx Wanderer3/12/2020 16:57Thu Dec 3 16:57:48 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 534

No . If it includes all three leagues , i think we can assume we are not starting anytime soon.

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)3/12/2020 17:21Thu Dec 3 17:21:53 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 526

Has anyone else noticed that the post says they will make a decision on the league next week, making me question what the one today will be about. Personally I dont think it will be back before 2021 after recent events!

By The Majors Hat3/12/2020 18:10Thu Dec 3 18:10:54 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 742

That part was already posted last week.
The only new bit is about the joint statement being released?

By The Majors Hat3/12/2020 19:20Thu Dec 3 19:20:44 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 512

So all leagues suspended until either the tiers are relaxed or the clubs get some money from the authorities.
Pretty sure our league could have restarted with nearly all clubs in tier 2.
Hoping we still have friendlies to attend?

By Earlsmead part-timer3/12/2020 22:55Thu Dec 3 22:55:24 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 618

I'm just wondering if the club's decide to go ahead and play after the 16th December or perhaps in the new year.
I presume the season would have to continue until the end of June or early July for it to complete ?

I personally wouldn't have a problem with that as a fan but trying to get everyone (clubs/leagues etc) to agree with that I guess would be a big call.

By The Majors Hat4/12/2020 08:02Fri Dec 4 08:02:37 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 515

To me it's strange that all 3 leagues are making one decision.
The 'non' statement the trident leagues issued said that a substantial amount of clubs backed pausing the league. Substantial but not a majority then?
I'd hazard a guess that the majority of Northern league clubs voted to pause as most of them would have to play behind closed doors as they are lumbered in tier 3.
Putting on a united front is very honourable but both the Southern and Isthmian leagues could surely have restarted?
June football is looking almost inevitable now - that's if we ever get restarted?

By Earlsmead part-timer4/12/2020 09:06Fri Dec 4 09:06:30 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 693

Yes it does seem strange and I agree "Hat", June football must be inevitable if we restart by January.
If not presumably we will run out of time and surely the season will have to be voided.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)4/12/2020 11:16Fri Dec 4 11:16:11 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 508

No reason in my opinion why the season cannot be extended. Obviously annoying for the league officials but a shorter summer is not a problem for most.

Anyone know which way Boro voted?

By cappers4/12/2020 12:14Fri Dec 4 12:14:38 2020In response to Re: White Smoke over Southern League TowersTop of thread

Views: 477

I said it from the start. At this level for financial reasons, you can't have some teams playing with supporters allowed in the ground and some teams playing behind closed doors purely based on their geographical location. A joint decision with all the leagues is the right thing to do otherwise you might have some leagues completing their seasons and others being null and void which would be a huge problem when it comes to promotion and relegation across the pyramid. Also I've since realised that our division does contain some tier 3 teams such as Yate and Weston.

Previous thread: Friendly at Uxbridge on Saturday by Middx Wanderer1/12/2020 13:01Tue Dec 1 13:01:47 2020view thread