Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The shirts by Boro Loyal28/4/2021 13:04Wed Apr 28 13:04:48 2021view thread

European Super League

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)19/4/2021 10:33Mon Apr 19 10:33:52 2021

Views: 625

Having seen all the news about the European super league I am glad I stopped going to professional games as often, this shows how little fans are valued by the higher ups. However it made me think about the best memories I have following The Borough. I would love to know what were other peoples highlights when watching our club over the years, Michael Bryan knocking that lot out of the cup was a recent favourite of mine!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: European Super League

By Earlsmead part-timer19/4/2021 17:31Mon Apr 19 17:31:28 2021In response to European Super League Top of thread

Views: 520

For me my favourite game was the FA Cup 4th round qualifying replay away against Margate in 2016.

They were in the National League South and we put them to the sword with some brilliant goals and attacking play beating them 3-1 .

Fantastic, mind you the the 6-0 hammering of Salisbury a year or two ago was a great day out !

By Middx Wanderer19/4/2021 19:33Mon Apr 19 19:33:18 2021In response to Re: European Super League Top of thread

Views: 511

I will never watch a single "euro super league" match or subcribe to a lny platform that shows it.

Best ever moments watch Boro.
Winning at Lower Mead 4-1 1982.

The 3 matches with Barrow then
Boro 5 Enfield 1 FA Trophy 1983

The following season FA Cup 4th Q replay beating Fisher ( possibly biggest home support ever that night). Then Yeovil in 1st round proper.

Winning at Worthing our closest challengers then at Staines to clinch the league title 84

The easy win at Vicarage Road, 92?

A mid week win at Aldershot forget which year.

FA 4th Q win over Enfield in 2000 with a late winner & wild celebrations.

Eastbourne away 2010 great win & support.

Margate away FA Cup 4Q replay what a night.

Salisbury 6-0 great day, fantastic result against a team that needed to win to get a home play off.

Many many other away games have been fantastic days out too & long may it continue

By Terence23/4/2021 17:42Fri Apr 23 17:42:05 2021In response to Re: European Super League Top of thread

Views: 525

The European Super League The Champions League The Premier Are All Tarred With Same Brush Overpaid So Called "Stars" Totally Out Of Touch With The Fans And Reality In General.
Simple Solution Don't Subscribe To Sky Or BT
Support A Non League Team Like The Mighty Harrow Borough!!!
My Favourite Boro Memory Really Just The One When We Beat Wealdstone That Wonderous Day 3-0 In 1977 At Earlsmead And Frank Seward
Scored Still The Best Goal I've Ever Seen at Earlsmead.
The Most Disappointing Game Obviously Telford In That FA Trophy Semi Final 2nd Leg In 1983 Losing 5-1 After Extra Time And To This Day George Ducks Shot That Hit The Top Of The Bar With A Minute To Go Keeps Me Awake At Night!!!
Here's To 14th August And A Successful Season!!!
Come On You Reds!!!!

By cappers19/4/2021 21:07Mon Apr 19 21:07:22 2021In response to Re: European Super League Top of thread

Views: 459

The best match for me was Eastbourne Boro away in the FA Cup when we beat them 4-2. Great result and great travelling support. I'm usually a follower when it comes to chanting but on that day, I was getting the chants going. I remember seeing a number of Eastbourne fans leaving and I got the 'we can see you sneaking out' chant going. Great memories.

Other notable mentions:

Tonbridge Angels away in playoff semi final in the same season. Narrowly lost but was a great game and another good away following from us.

Chesterfield, again the same season. We gave a good account of ourselves and should have had a penalty for a foul on Kenta.

Enfield in the 4th qualifying round of FA Cup. We won but I was young at the time and don't remember it that well

Previous thread: Steve Baker signs a new deal by Middx Wanderer11/4/2021 16:34Sun Apr 11 16:34:14 2021view thread