Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Portsmouth Away"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Portsmouth Away

By cappers19/10/2021 09:32Tue Oct 19 09:32:55 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth Away

Views: 1101

Danny Cowley's response:

How much do you know about your FA Cup first round opponents Harrow Borough?

I played there a number of times. I remember playing there with Hornchurch. It was 1-1, we were top of the league, George Ball was the manager. He was very disappointed, it was December the 21st and he kept us in the dressing room for about two hours after the game. Screaming at us.

He kicked the bin and broke his foot. He came in Boxing Day with a plaster cast, I always remember that. Dave Anderson, who is a very good friend of mine, was Harrow Borough manager for a number of years.

They are step three at the moment. I had a good look on their website just to see if there was any players that I remembered or I could recognise. I watched the highlights of their game, there was some good highlights actually against Chelmsford.

It was a really good game, 4-2. They scored the first goal, then they were 2-1 down and then they came back. It was a good game, a really good game. I watched the clips. They played a 4-3-3 and had some athleticism and power, particularly in the midfield area. Great game.

I’ve managed teams in that division in the first round of the FA Cup, I know how motivated they will be to come to Fratton Park. I know how dangerous these games can be in the FA Cup.

I’ve lived the romance of the FA Cup and been the underdog. I know that amazing things can happen. For us, we have to prepare diligently. Do all of our work like we always do to prepare the team the best we can to get a positive result in what will be a very important game when it comes around.