Re: FA Cup stories -? - Yeovil Town 83/84
I don't know what happened against Yeovil as I wasn't born.
Eastbourne Borough away was a great day. We brought a lot of fans (at least by our standards) which made for a great atmosphere. They were around mid-table at the time. I think around 14th and had scored the most and also conceeded the most goals in their division so was always likely to be a goal fest. We completely blew Eastbourne away despite them being 2 divisions above us, racing in to a 3 goal lead before half-time. We killed the game off early in the second half with a 4th goal. I spoke to one of the big noises (possibly director) at Eastbourne after the game who congratulated us. Great day all round.
Newport IOW was an interesting one, simply because I had to get a boat to watch the Boro which was rather unique. I'm pretty sure we were 2-0 up but ended up drawing 2-2 but we beat them 2-0 in the replay.
I'll end on a downer. Flackwell Heath. What a joke that was, They were Ryman Division 2 and we didn't turn up. We just went through the motions. With about 5 minutes to go, Flackwell Heath scored and only then did we show any urgency but it was too late.
- FA Cup stories -? - Yeovil Town 83/84 by Earlsmead part-timer21/10/2016 14:17Fri Oct 21 14:17:47 2016view thread
- Re: FA Cup stories -? - Yeovil Town 83/84 by cappers21/10/2016 15:11Fri Oct 21 15:11:39 2016
- Re: FA Cup stories -? - Yeovil Town 83/84 by Earlsmead part-timer21/10/2016 15:59Fri Oct 21 15:59:15 2016
- Re: FA Cup stories -? - Yeovil Town 83/84 by cappers21/10/2016 16:06Fri Oct 21 16:06:38 2016
- Re: FA Cup stories -? - Yeovil Town 83/84 by Middx Wanderer21/10/2016 18:52Fri Oct 21 18:52:02 2016
- Re: FA Cup stories -? - Yeovil Town 83/84 by Earlsmead part-timer21/10/2016 22:39Fri Oct 21 22:39:01 2016
- Re: FA Cup stories -? - Yeovil Town 83/84 by RedHarrow21/10/2016 20:12Fri Oct 21 20:12:38 2016