I don't remember the Town (as they were then) getting large crowds, except in local derbies against Wealdstone. I can remember a cup match against them when we lost about 7-2 at home (they were in a higher league than us) where the crowd completely surrounded the pitch. I believe that Kenny Gee played against us that day. My father used to take me to some away matches (I believe we could travel in the team coach - there wasn't much away support in those days). We saw the match against Corinthian Casuals (mentioned in 'On this day in 1958) at Surrey's cricket ground at the Kennington Oval.
- memories by harrowexcile10/1/2017 14:58Tue Jan 10 14:58:08 2017view thread
- Re: memories 1958/59 by Middx Wanderer12/1/2017 17:56Thu Jan 12 17:56:48 2017
- Re: memories by Earlsmead part-timer10/1/2017 22:51Tue Jan 10 22:51:18 2017
- Re: memories by harrowexcile11/1/2017 10:50Wed Jan 11 10:50:51 2017
- Re: memories by Earlsmead part-timer11/1/2017 12:16Wed Jan 11 12:16:08 2017