The Tony Kempster site's League Allocation 2017/18 thread goes for the Southern League Midlands Division as Boro's destination. Mileage-wise, that looks to be slightly better. Derby-wise, it's a lot better. From the "Day Out" viewpoint, it's a lot better, even allowing for Sudbury, Cambridge City, Mildenhall and the Norfolk destinations being fair trips in clement weather.
It's hard to argue with that, as things stand. The boundaries at Step Four look unusually neat at the moment. The straight Northwood-Harrow-Hanwell line in SL Mids is a fair hike west of the straight L.Colney-P.Bar-Haringey line in 1N. It's even back to a 24:24 split N and S of the Thames for the Isthmian divisions, for the first time since the first season following re-organisation in 2004/05.
I'm not sure about promoted Moneyfields - who play in Portsmouth - being placed in the SL Mids, rather than the SL SW. Moving Didcot across might make more sense.
A point to remember for anyone overburdened by gloom:- If The FA can get their planned restructuring programme through the various hoops this summer, as they plan to do, next season will be the last with a 2:3:6 split below the five national divisions. From 2018/19, it should reform to 2:4:8, with a new Midlands Premier joining the NPL, Southern & Isthmian. Depending on the number of clubs in the four new Step Three divisions, there will be either five or six promotion places in the Southern League Midlands Division and Isthmian Division One North next term.
Stick with the manager and you're odds-on to come straight back up.
Edited by Alan A at 23:33:55 on 24th April 2017
- Lowestoft by superkev19/4/2017 21:06Wed Apr 19 21:06:43 2017view thread
- Re: Lowestoft by RedHarrow20/4/2017 09:48Thu Apr 20 09:48:02 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by Earlsmead part-timer20/4/2017 15:23Thu Apr 20 15:23:46 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by Middx Wanderer20/4/2017 21:13Thu Apr 20 21:13:43 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by RedHarrow22/4/2017 20:50Sat Apr 22 20:50:17 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by Earlsmead part-timer22/4/2017 22:36Sat Apr 22 22:36:48 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by Middx Wanderer23/4/2017 09:56Sun Apr 23 09:56:35 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by Earlsmead part-timer23/4/2017 11:13Sun Apr 23 11:13:30 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by geemickey23/4/2017 12:08Sun Apr 23 12:08:14 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by Middx Wanderer23/4/2017 20:08Sun Apr 23 20:08:07 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by mw068224/4/2017 13:18Mon Apr 24 13:18:09 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by Alan A24/4/2017 23:37Mon Apr 24 23:37:51 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by RedHarrow24/4/2017 14:12Mon Apr 24 14:12:46 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by Alan A24/4/2017 23:32Mon Apr 24 23:32:19 2017
- Re: Lowestoft by RedHarrow25/4/2017 10:48Tue Apr 25 10:48:56 2017
- Re: by Middx Wanderer26/4/2017 06:21Wed Apr 26 06:21:35 2017
- Re: Re: by superkev26/4/2017 08:16Wed Apr 26 08:16:18 2017
- A straw to clutch at .... by geemickey27/4/2017 09:45Thu Apr 27 09:45:38 2017
- Re: And now another straw to clutch at .... by geemickey3/5/2017 07:31Wed May 3 07:31:29 2017
- Re: And now another straw to clutch at .... by RedHarrow3/5/2017 11:06Wed May 3 11:06:08 2017 1 person
- Re: And now another straw to clutch at .... by Middx Wanderer3/5/2017 12:09Wed May 3 12:09:23 2017
- Re: And now another straw to clutch at .... by geemickey3/5/2017 19:41Wed May 3 19:41:47 2017
- Re: And now another straw to clutch at .... by RedHarrow5/5/2017 15:19Fri May 5 15:19:46 2017