Re: Nick Pope selected for England
"Clearly the No 1 jersey is up for grabs," said Southgate. "From our point of view he [Hart] he has been our No 1 through qualifying, he is an important member of the squad so we wanted to keep him involved. "We don't know how the next eight to ten weeks will pan out for all of our goalkeepers but there is good competition for places and I think they're all looking forward to that."
Pope would be my number one. Hart is West Ham's second choice keeper and makes a lot of mistakes. Butland, who played against Harrow Borough at Earlsmead for Birmingham and conceeded three goals that day is playing for a poor Stoke team and have conceeded the second most goals in the premier league. Pickford has been okay but Pope has impressed more. Surely based on form this season, Pope has to be number one but I bet he won't be.
I remember a story when a new player missed the coach at South Mimms and had to run after it or something along those lines. Was that Nick Pope by any chance? or someone else perhaps.
- Nick Pope by cappers3/3/2018 12:41Sat Mar 3 12:41:59 2018view thread
- Re: Nick Pope by Middx Wanderer3/3/2018 19:15Sat Mar 3 19:15:34 2018
- Re: Nick Pope selected for England by Middx Wanderer15/3/2018 16:46Thu Mar 15 16:46:16 2018
- Re: Nick Pope selected for England by cappers15/3/2018 18:09Thu Mar 15 18:09:48 2018
- Re: Nick Pope selected for England by Middx Wanderer16/3/2018 16:37Fri Mar 16 16:37:10 2018
- Re: Nick Pope selected for England by cappers16/3/2018 18:22Fri Mar 16 18:22:20 2018
- Re: Nick Pope selected for England by Earlsmead part-timer15/3/2018 19:43Thu Mar 15 19:43:34 2018