Time for Non-League season to change ?
Frozen pitches, water logged pitches, freezing cold evenings & afternoons etc. all combine to leave clubs with heavy fixture congestion at the end of the season, placing unfair burdens on some clubs chasing promotion or play-off places or trying to avoid relegation. It's not fair on the Clubs or the players who mostly have full-time jobs.
I'd like to see non-league football adopt a season running from March to November, leaving Dec, Jan & Feb to the Premier League etc. with their under-soil heating and pitch management resources.
The game could then also be of greater interest to TV companies and would certainly make for far fewer postponements and more comfortable viewing, particularly for the older supporters, mentioning no names !
However sensible, it won't happen, for flimsy reasons like the few players who want to play cricket, clubs that share grounds with cricket clubs etc. Committees are all well and good but Dictatorships get things done !
What do others think ?
- Time for Non-League season to change ? by geemickey4/4/2018 22:33Wed Apr 4 22:33:25 2018view thread
- Re: Time for Non-League season to change ? by cappers5/4/2018 14:59Thu Apr 5 14:59:02 2018
- Re: Time for Non-League season to change ? by South Harrow Old Boy5/4/2018 14:12Thu Apr 5 14:12:30 2018
- Re: Time for Non-League season to change ? by Earlsmead part-timer5/4/2018 16:52Thu Apr 5 16:52:35 2018
- Re: Time for Non-League season to change ? by Middx Wanderer6/4/2018 17:58Fri Apr 6 17:58:43 2018