Re: Time for Non-League season to change ?
This could never happen. The non league pyramid is part of the whole English pyramid system including the Football League and Premier League and is all part of the English FA. You couldn't possibly have part of the pyramid playing between March - November and the other playing August - May. Let's say the Premier League and Football League play from August to May and Non League changes from March to November, how would promotion and relegation work?
A team gets promoted from the Conference National or whatever it's called these days to League 2. They get promoted in November and would then have to wait till August for the new season to begin. Teams that get relegated from League 2 in May would have to wait until the following March for the new season to begin. That's completely unrealistic. For that reason alone, your proposed idea could never happen unless of course the Football League and Premier League also moved their seasons from March to November.
- Time for Non-League season to change ? by geemickey4/4/2018 22:33Wed Apr 4 22:33:25 2018view thread
- Re: Time for Non-League season to change ? by cappers5/4/2018 14:59Thu Apr 5 14:59:02 2018
- Re: Time for Non-League season to change ? by South Harrow Old Boy5/4/2018 14:12Thu Apr 5 14:12:30 2018
- Re: Time for Non-League season to change ? by Earlsmead part-timer5/4/2018 16:52Thu Apr 5 16:52:35 2018
- Re: Time for Non-League season to change ? by Middx Wanderer6/4/2018 17:58Fri Apr 6 17:58:43 2018