Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Boros Promotion Rivals"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Boros Promotion Rivals

By harrowred (RedHarrow)8/3/2019 11:54Fri Mar 8 11:54:13 2019In response to Re: Boros Promotion Rivals

Views: 730

I agree I think the club do very well to keep going and raise enough money to stay afloat whilst also doing well in the league. Of course this can always be improved, everything can but it's true that the local demographic isn't to our benefit. I'm sure there are local residents who could be attained to come but with little disposable income for locals, not much exposure in the borough (local media is not good), a unfavourable location (I love the ground) which would be better if was by a main road where trains and buses constantly were going past and few community links then we will always struggle to pull in crowds. I often see James from Non League Day saying he thinks we could do more and has offered some advice.

We also struggle that we have Watford, Barnet, Qpr, Brentford, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Fulham nearby. Wealdstone too of course but where they gain the advantage is through their youth system. God knows how many teams they have between the ages of u6-u18. That gets their name out there, one of the most popular youth teams in the Harrow leagues. We have nothing similar which could in theory attract more youngsters to come and watch with parents. Imagine having just one team at each age group from u6-u18. On average about 12 children per team, that would be 144 kids. If you gave each of them a free season ticket and 10% came regularly with a parent, that would be on average another 30 people at each match. It all adds up. Of course this would take some doing with lots of volunteers needed to manage this side of the club but it can also be extra revenue with registration fees and the sort. Some clubs in the harrow youth league charge as much as £450 a year which gets them kit, training and the chance to play matches.

Anyway if we went up I agree that travelling could be less and gate receipts higher and whilst yes our budget would be much lower than anyone else's, that doesn't always matter. The most money normally gets you the best players but doesn't always give you the best team.