Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: full time HW1 HB1"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: full time HW1 HB1

By cappers19/8/2019 03:47Mon Aug 19 03:47:21 2019In response to Re: full time HW1 HB1

Views: 863

I want to make a post about the new rules as there are one or two things I'm confused about.

Firstly, I assume the rules are the same whether matches have VAR (eg Premier League) or not (eg Southern League). So if the ball hits a player's arm from the attacking team in the build up to a goal then it will be disallowed. I understand that but don't fully agree with it. In matches without VAR, it means goals will be given when they shouldn't as it's difficult to spot the ball coming off a hand or arm sometimes but it also means that goals will be incorrectly disallowed as a ref might think he has spotted a slight touch of the hand in the build up to a goal but in fact the ball might have come off his chest or hip where of course prior to this season nothing would have been done about it because it wasn't seen as being intentional.

Can someone also clear up the handball rule concerning teams defending. So we gave away a penalty on Saturday for handball that wouldn't have been given prior to this season. So what exactly is the new rule? Surely it's not just a case of the ball hitting a defending player's arm in the box and a penalty is given as attacking teams could chip the ball onto a players arm on purpose to win a penalty. If that were the case, Watford would have won a penatly against Brighton when a free kick clearly hit a Brighton player on the arm in the penalty area when he was standing in the wall. VAR would have confirmed that it hit his arm. I thought the rule had been changed from intentional handball to having your arms in a non-natural position.