Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: The Long Ball Game"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: The Long Ball Game

By cappers30/9/2019 12:19Mon Sep 30 12:19:42 2019In response to Re: The Long Ball Game

Views: 1078

I write this as someone who doesn't go to games but if I were attending games, I would much rather watch short passing effective football over long ball football any day. That's not to say we should never play a long ball. There needs to be variation in any teams style.

Football has evolved and I hope the days of hoof ball are long behind us. From the sounds of it, it seems like we are playing football the right way and long let that continue. I don't want us signing players just because they can take a long throw in. I don't want us puttng free kicks in to the box from the half way line. I don't want our central midfielders kciking lumps out of opposition players. Let's leave that sort of play to poor bottom division sunday league teams that have very little ability.

Edited by cappers at 12:20:26 on 30th September 2019