Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Harrow Borough photo essay"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Harrow Borough photo essay

By harrowexcile6/12/2019 21:47Fri Dec 6 21:47:58 2019In response to Harrow Borough photo essay

Views: 1504

David,

Having followed Harrow Borough for a number of years I was very impressed with your article which I found to be very informative. Looking at the history of the Borough and the pictures brought back many memories, in particular, the one showing the entrance to the ground in Earlsmead, when it went under the name of Harrow Town. I lived on the opposite corner of Carlyon Avenue/Earlsmead to the one shown in the picture on your article until moving to Swindon in 1966. A board showing the location of the ground used to be hung on our garden fence. There used to be a social side to the club, under the name of Earlsmead Social Club, with the clubhouse being located at the side of the pitch where the official benches are now placed. Cricket, snooker and darts were all played there at that time. In fact, there was somebody playing in my darts team called Bill Warwick. I wonder if it is the same person whose picture is shown in your very entertaining piece.

Tony