Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Drifting or Driving ?"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Drifting or Driving ?

By geemickey11/12/2019 09:38Wed Dec 11 09:38:46 2019

Views: 917

I repeat :

Optimism is all well & good but sometimes facts need to be faced -is it the players, the manager, the tactics or luck ?

If it's the players, maybe it comes down to money, but I doubt that because the players have turned in some very good performances this season so are capable. Maybe confidence or concentration come into the question ?

The Manager has shown himself to have talent so maybe he is just on a very unlucky run (several games have been narrowly lost).

Sometimes the tactics have to be suited to the players available. Now with a big target centre forward high crosses may pay off for Borough. Bobby Smith needed Jimmy Greaves, Toshak needed Keegan etc. If either was missing it probably wouldn't have worked.

Luck - usually evens out over a season. Borough must be due a change about now, whether with officials or just in the run of the ball. It would undoubtedly do them the world of good.

Whatever it is, Borough obviously need to start picking up points rapidly - although personally I don't believe relegation would be a disaster. They would probably be a winning team in lower division and possibly enjoy bigger gates as a result, but let's hope the theory is not tested !

Good Luck Saturday - and thereafter.

Edited by geemickey at 09:40:50 on 11th December 2019