Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Match Report, Stones 3 Boro 3 (Boro win 6-5 on pens)"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Match Report, Stones 3 Boro 3 (Boro win 6-5 on pens)

By harrowexcile13/2/2020 11:29Thu Feb 13 11:29:58 2020In response to Re: Match Report, Stones 3 Boro 3 (Boro win 6-5 on pens)

Views: 676

Hi Terry,

I'd already moved to Swindon some time before the Wembley match that you're referring to, so didn't get to see it.
However, I seem to remember seeing Harrow Town (as they were then) playing there some time previously. Was their ground at Vale Farm?

Sadly, I also recollect a match at home against Wealdstone when we lost rather heavily 2-7. They were, as they are now, the premier local side at that time. During those years a few players switched between the clubs. If I remember correctly two local players Kenny Gee (a great favourite on the social side too) and full back Brian (Butch) Wakefield. Coming from Wealdstone was a goalkeeper George Wood (a small player for that position).

Tony