Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4

By harrowred (RedHarrow)21/7/2021 23:57Wed Jul 21 23:57:00 2021In response to Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4

Views: 1004

Firstly, I thought QPR were superb. They totally dominated the game from the first minute to the last. Secondly, it was great to see Adomah back at the Boro. I still hope one day that, he will come back to play for us.

As for the game and players, Boro really didn’t seem to get going. We seemed to go long far too often, partly because of a lack of option to pass in midfield and partly because of a lack of quality, albeit against a very good side. The long ball wasn’t working and we couldn’t get out better players into the game. A shame really that Tricker, Bryan, O’Connor and Wynter didn’t play for whatever reasons.

The new goalkeeper (Loris Marciamain) was fine but his distribution was poor.

I thought Sammy Adenola did well at right back. Seems he has come over from Holmesdale FC. Could do with strengthening up a bit but looked decent.

James Mansfield (CB from Flackwell Heath) looked comfortable for our level. I don’t think our 3 man CB tactic worked well against the QPR formation so would like to see him against a 2 man strike partnership.

Frankie Taylor (left back) didn’t do too much to impress me. Didn’t offer too much going forwards.

Albie Sheehan Cozens who came on at CB was at fault for a goal trying to play out of the back and nearly did the same again shortly after. He seemed unfit/carrying weight too.

The striker who I think was called Andy and perhaps a trialist was not too bad. He struggled for touches and opportunities because we didn’t create anything but looked an annoyance to the QPR back line when we did get forward.

I wasn’t impressed with Sam Gubbins, I feel like he needs to sharpen up. Lost the ball too often and didn’t recover enough

Looking forward to seeing us play again in a couple of weeks against a team more of our level and see how we do.