ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Signings by RedHarrow19/11 15:56Tue Nov 19 15:56:28 2019view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Line up for Saturday by Town Colours13/8/2012 22:40Mon Aug 13 22:40:41 2012view thread

FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow Borough

By HBFC (legacy user)7/8/2012 21:36Tue Aug 7 21:36:07 2012

Views: 2438

Updates from Harrow Borough v Harrow Borough are being sent using the Non League Live.com service. You can view the match page at www.nonleaguelive.com/match/1196 or watch via this forum.

FULL-TIME: Harrow Borough 1-1 Harrow Borough.

This article has been automatically posted by Non League Live.com. If you consider this to be spam please report it to us at info@nonleaguelive.com.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow Borough

By Middx Wanderer (legacy user)8/8/2012 11:11Wed Aug 8 11:11:26 2012In response to FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 2388

This was a decent match to watch , 9 of the starting X1 played the full 90 mins . Chesham looked a really decent team , they created more chances than us , but only an outstanding save by the home goalkeeper prevented Gonzales from scoring for the Boro. John Munday looked a good Central Defender , hope he signs . Blouet in goal did well, Leaps around a bit like Keita in his younger days! Laney looked a better player at Right Back than he has in Central defence. Leach & Jones will be better for having to put a full shift in keeping Chesham at bay. Wolleaston, Wootton & Gladdy looked solid in the first half & when Gonzales replaced Gladdy we created some decent chances . Wolleaston's cross/shot was deflected in for our goal . Two trialists up front , Nickalas(?) looked a good player. Ferguson, still looking to get back to full fitness, got involved with some good moves & if Akinola signs we will have some very good attacking options.

By Cappers (legacy user)9/8/2012 17:00Thu Aug 9 17:00:40 2012In response to Re: FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 2318

Pre-season has been relatively encouraging so far. I just think the problem is at this level is that players come and go quicker than you blink. How many of the players that are playing in these pre season games will still be playing come the end of the season? We don't know but I doubt many will still be here. One reason for success under Howell in his last season was that the squad was settled. A lot of the team had been at the club for a number of seasons whilst the new ones fitted in well. Last season under Anderson we saw too many players come and go during the season. I know it was difficult because he had such a short time to pretty much cobble together a new squad. I hope things won't be the same this season.

By Middx Wanderer (legacy user)9/8/2012 17:31Thu Aug 9 17:31:18 2012In response to Re: FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 2312

I think we are starting to get a backbone to Andersons Boro , Leach ,Jones , Wootton & Wolleaston are all established , plus the players that came in towards the end of last season & improved the side including Ferguson & Jackson are still there , plenty of competition for the other shirts too.

Cappers are you in the UK at the moment , we had a Russian Trialist on mon & tues who looked good , help might be needed with the lingo if your about .

By Cappers (legacy user)10/8/2012 13:15Fri Aug 10 13:15:51 2012In response to Re: FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 2386

Yeah I suppose there is a backbone there. Hopefully goals will be easier to come by this season although in the end we didn't do too badly on that front. There were some games earlier on in the season that I saw where we wouldn't have scored if we'd played till the morning. It was painful to watch. Signing Buckle helped a lot.

I'm not around. I'm away initially for a year (up till December) but will hopefully renew my contract or if not find another job out here so don't plan to come back any time soon if at all! I'm gonna email you my phone number just in case you need something translating but apart from that there's not a great deal more I can do. I've got another mate who speaks Russian who came down to the Wealdstone v Boro game the season before last so I could ask him if he's willing to help you out.

By Middx wanderer (legacy user)10/8/2012 14:23Fri Aug 10 14:23:37 2012In response to Re: FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 2282

I'll let dave know . Top man

perhaps you could post a few Russian football phrases that we could use , Shoot, man on , Pass , get stuck , you useless lazy waste of space, etc

By Anonymous (legacy user)10/8/2012 14:37Fri Aug 10 14:37:48 2012In response to Re: FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 2263

'you useless lazy waste of space'

haha

By Middx wanderer (legacy user)10/8/2012 14:46Fri Aug 10 14:46:51 2012In response to Re: FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 2263

well , just in case.

By Cappers (legacy user)10/8/2012 16:24Fri Aug 10 16:24:53 2012In response to Re: FULL-TIME: Chesham United 1-1 Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 2277

They tend to shout ?????! - za'bay! which means score! The actual word for shoot is ????! - oo'dar! Not sure how to say man on but I've got plenty of words for the latter! Just let me know how bad he is before I choose my strength of words! Also the word for pass is the same except you should say it in a northern accent as in the 'a' sound in 'pat' rather than the 'a' sound in 'far'. Anyway that's your Russian lesson over for today!

Previous thread: Chesham United 1 Harrow Boro 1. Two good teams on show . Ver... by HBFC7/8/2012 21:39Tue Aug 7 21:39:03 2012view thread