ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Pre season by Earlsmead part-timerYesterday 23:52Yesterday at 23:52:32view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ryman Premier Grounds by Town Colours6/5/2013 21:53Mon May 6 21:53:54 2013view thread

Play offs

By Town Colours (legacy user)30/4/2013 19:01Tue Apr 30 19:01:23 2013

Views: 3914

Will be interesting to see who progresses to the final. Our friends from Ruislip have the best home record in the league. Amazingly Concord have the second best away record. Will no doubt be a tight match. In the other match despite recent form of ETU difficult to see Lowestoft missing out this time. However both matches are difficult to call. Any views on who will be in the final?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Play offs

By Anonymous (legacy user)30/4/2013 20:57Tue Apr 30 20:57:48 2013In response to Play offsTop of thread

Views: 3834

hopefully a Lowestoft v Concord final although I have a sneaky feeling it could be Wealdstone v East Thurrock.

By Cappers (legacy user)1/5/2013 13:38Wed May 1 13:38:23 2013In response to Re: Play offsTop of thread

Views: 3830

Any of them could be in the final, who's to say. I obviously don't want Wealdstone to go up, it would pain me to see them enjoy any success. I don't want Lowestoft to go up either just because I'd rather keep hold of all the Suffolk teams in the division. I suppose if I had to pick a team who I wanted to go up I'd go for East Thurrock only because I went there once on a weeknight when I was about 20-21 years old, on the turnstile I handed in a 10 pound note and was given back about 8 or 9 pounds in change. Turns out they charged me the child rate. Very nice of them that was. So good luck to East Thurrock!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Middx Wanderer (legacy user)1/5/2013 17:23Wed May 1 17:23:44 2013In response to Re: Play offsTop of thread

Views: 3815

The team I would most like to see leave our division is Concord . i never enjoy going there.
The Team I think will get promoted is Lowestoft , they are the best team we played over two games.

By Cappers (legacy user)1/5/2013 22:28Wed May 1 22:28:52 2013In response to Re: Play offsTop of thread

Views: 3799

Lets all laugh at Wealdstone! Tragic stuff apparantly as the huge crowd walks out in silence. Such a pity I couldn't have been there to see it! How could a team like Concord with so few fans possibly dare beat a massive club like Wealdstone? Absolutely fantastic!! The new name for them has got to be Bottlejob FC!

By Town Colours (legacy user)2/5/2013 09:33Thu May 2 09:33:45 2013In response to Re: Play offsTop of thread

Views: 3772

Yes well done Concord. Despite being a small side crowd wise - as are ETU - they have kept going right to the end. If Concord hold their nerve there is a good chance they will win the final on Monday. They have a fine away record - and Lowestoft are by no means unbeatable at home. Wealdstone losing in some ways benefits both them and us. The biggest league crowd of the season for both sides is usually our derby matches. I guess there forum guys will know we will not be shedding any tears over their defeat - just like they were not when we lost in the play offs a few years ago. The play offs can certainly be cruel - but are somewhat addictive!

By Middx Wanderer (legacy user)2/5/2013 10:50Thu May 2 10:50:20 2013In response to Re: Play offsTop of thread

Views: 3806

So we will lose either the longest journey or a second trip to windswept Canvey Island next season.

We will gain a trip to either Maidstone or Faversham, as well as a trip to either Thamesmead or Maldon.

By Cappers (legacy user)2/5/2013 16:02Thu May 2 16:02:15 2013In response to Re: Play offsTop of thread

Views: 3745

I hope Concord go up but you've got to say Lowestoft should be a lot more suited to Conference North or South in terms of their club stature but saying that Borehamwood have done really well since getting promoted against the odds unless they're heavily backed these days. I don't know.

I'm hoping Faversham pip Maidstone in the playoffs. I sense that Maidstone are a club on the up with their new ground. Maybe I'm being negative but Faversham are more likely to be in a relegation scrap with us rather than Maidstone who will probably be decent. I'd like to see Thamesmead come up as well, I've got a feeling they might struggle. An awful day out though.

By Middx Wanderer (legacy user)2/5/2013 16:47Thu May 2 16:47:05 2013In response to Re: Play offsTop of thread

Views: 4205

I would rather see Maidstone come up , If they are near the top they will bring a decent following & if our form of this season continues we will beat the top sides .

By Town Colours (legacy user)5/5/2013 22:26Sun May 5 22:26:08 2013In response to Re: Play offsTop of thread

Views: 3721

New Premier arrivals from divisions below now confirmed as Maidstone and Thamesmead. Will look forward to those away matches - being 2 new grounds to go to.

By Town Colours (legacy user)6/5/2013 21:40Mon May 6 21:40:02 2013In response to Re: Play offsTop of thread

Views: 3746

Well done Concord. Amazing - that they could overcome and win the play offs with 2 away matches. Probably suited them as their away record was one of the best.

Previous thread: Watford by Anonymous4/5/2013 20:15Sat May 4 20:15:02 2013view thread