ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Salisbury 3 Boro 1 by Middx WandererToday 15:02Today at 15:02:08view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: End of Season Awards by Town Colours10/5/2013 21:04Fri May 10 21:04:21 2013view thread

Ryman Premier Grounds

By Town Colours (legacy user)6/5/2013 21:53Mon May 6 21:53:54 2013

Views: 3124

I notice on another forum that a poster begrudges Lowestoft promotion amongst another due to them having "a crappy excuse for a ground". Possibly a heat of the moment comment but believe Lowestofts ground is by no means the worst in the league. Thought may be an interesting topic to see who is viewed as having acceptable grounds. Obviously some will be viewed as being better than others and certainly ground qualifications for the league have arguably changed over the years - especially with the formation of the Conference North and South. My own view is that currently Kingstonians ground which they share with a Football League club would be the best. Bit of a no brainer I suppose. But who would be in the top 10 grounds in the league?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Ryman Premier Grounds

By Cappers (legacy user)7/5/2013 18:28Tue May 7 18:28:05 2013In response to Ryman Premier GroundsTop of thread

Views: 2885

From the teams that were in the Ryman Premier this season I've been to: Lowestoft, Ruislip bottlers, East Thurrock, Hendon, Kingston, Cray and Carshalton. They're all much of a muchness really. I can't remember Kingstonian because I went there when I was young for a random game in the FA Trophy against Southport when they were in the conference. There was nothing wrong with Lowestofts ground. The only strange thing with them is that although they get large crowds they disperse straight away after the final whistle. They hardly had anyone in the bar afterwards. Not a fan of Wembley FC not that Hendon will be there next season. I don't like the view from the side.

By middx wanderer (legacy user)7/5/2013 21:32Tue May 7 21:32:50 2013In response to Re: Ryman Premier GroundsTop of thread

Views: 2860

The standard of grounds in the Ryman Prem seems to get lower every season
There are very few four sided grounds. Most clubs have just a single footpath on at least one side of the ground.
Kingstonian easily the best, Whitehawk the worst. I also like Thurrock & Lewes.

Concord will have the poorest standard ground yet in the conf. South

By Town Colours (legacy user)8/5/2013 19:52Wed May 8 19:52:21 2013In response to Re: Ryman Premier GroundsTop of thread

Views: 2976

Agree the general standard not as good as would be hoped for.Even Hampton & RB - relegated from BSS to Ryman Premier 2011-12 have a single path on one side with grass banking. We are one of the few clubs in the league with terracing spanning effectively the whole 4 sides of the ground - and no grass banking. we also have more covered terracing than most although if we had the money would be good to have some form of covering at the Earsmead school end. Agree Lewes ground likeable with plenty of character and Thurrock seems to improve with each visit despite them not being particularly well supported. Looking forward to Maidstone visit although understand they will be unable to progress due to their pitch type. Quite liked Carsharlton and Hastings grounds - more preferable than AFC Hornchurch where so far away from the play behind the goals at both ends. Will Concord have to improve their ground following promotion?

By middx wanderer (legacy user)9/5/2013 16:04Thu May 9 16:04:26 2013In response to Re: Ryman Premier GroundsTop of thread

Views: 2856

Concord will need to do a massive amount of work before 31st March 2014.
More seats will be required (min 250 all in one stand ,but need a min 500 to be allowed to take part in end of season play off or to be promoted if top) More turnstiles (min 6 ,I think they currently have 2 )

By Town Colours (legacy user)9/5/2013 20:27Thu May 9 20:27:39 2013In response to Re: Ryman Premier GroundsTop of thread

Views: 2921

If we had won in the play offs a few years ago then by the looks of things we would have only needed to add a few more turnstiles.500 seats would certainly have precluded us from the play offs in BSS but we have no ambition to get to the Conference - so no issue. Hope Concord have the money. All very well having ambition but very easy to get carried away spending money - then a dose of reality sets in!Many clubs will testify to this - good job we decided not to go into the Conference in the 1980s when we won the league!

Previous thread: Play offs by Town Colours30/4/2013 19:01Tue Apr 30 19:01:23 2013view thread