ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Pre Season by harrowred21/5 20:39Tue May 21 20:39:17 2019view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ups and Downs by Anonymous26/4/2014 17:19Sat Apr 26 17:19:29 2014view thread

what an interesting season

By Anonymous (legacy user)20/4/2014 13:20Sun Apr 20 13:20:42 2014

Views: 2369

after the nice little run towards the end of the season are we happy for the future as i know a few voices were vocal in regards to the manager and team, the squad we have at the moment has been settled for the few games and looks promising for next season what ever league we are in if we can keep hold of most, as we know at this level not always possible

l harrow borough fc only team in harrow

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: what an interesting season

By Anonymous (legacy user)20/4/2014 15:04Sun Apr 20 15:04:00 2014In response to what an interesting seasonTop of thread

Views: 2346

pretty decent run. now we are safe, do those still want Anderson replaced so we can progress?

Like each summer i'm sure we will lose players, get some new ones and keep some. Im guessing we will be looking for a new goalkeeper, although don't know the terms of James Sheas deal. With Hemel up into the conference south, I do wonder if we will keep our 'link' with them. that could well benefit us.

any idea of the real probability of us being moved into the southern prem?

By Cappers (legacy user)21/4/2014 08:55Mon Apr 21 08:55:49 2014In response to Re: what an interesting seasonTop of thread

Views: 2275

I'm not sure I agree about it being an interesting season. Seems like a pretty standard season to be honest. Struggle but do enough to stay up.

I've always been behind Anderson and hope he will be here next season as well. It's all well and good saying our team is pretty decent now meaning that we should do quite well next season but players come and go so frequently at this level. I think the key is getting a decent squad of players at the start of the season and keeping the squad settled unlike what we have seen so far from Anderson's reign where he has been chopping and changing throughout the season.

As for being moved to the Southern prem, it's been mentioned before over the past few seasons but never happened. I suppose if a team were to move over to the Southern prem it would likely be us due to our north western location in relation to the other teams in the Ryman prem. In Ryman south Peacehaven and whoever come up with them are dead certs for the Ryman Prem. In Ryman north the two that come up would also be Ryman prem bound. In the Conf south Dorchester are dead certs for the southern prem, Tonbridge angels will be Ryman prem and at the moment Maidenhead occupy the final relegation place and they would be southern prem for sure. Chelmsford or Whitehawk could go down instead of Maidenhead though and would drop into the Ryman prem. In the Conf north Histon would probably go into the southern prem. Oxford City could go down as well and they would go into the Southern prem as well. I think it's unlikely we'll get moved unless they decide to stick Cambridge City and Histon in the Ryman prem which would make sense as Suffolk and most of Norfolk is now Ryman territory.

By Anonymous (legacy user)21/4/2014 18:01Mon Apr 21 18:01:15 2014In response to Re: what an interesting seasonTop of thread

Views: 2281

the travelling looks a lot more hefty in the southern prem but would bring new adventures to new towns and grounds

re: interesting season

By alan ainsworth (legacy user)22/4/2014 09:46Tue Apr 22 09:46:00 2014In response to Re: what an interesting seasonTop of thread

Views: 2282

You've got to be happy with that. Especially after the first half dozen games.
12 points clear of the trapdoor with a game to play. That must be the most comfortable survival since the turn of the century - play-off campaign apart.
In early August, I doubt there were too many fans who wouldn't have settled for losing two more games than were won. In late August, after 2 points in 6 games, I doubt there were many fans who wouldn't have settled for staying up via an AGM Cup win.
Regardless of periodic tales of healthy boosts to the budget, which I take with a pinch of salt, I'd say w15 d13 l17 represents a slight over-achievement.
Dave Anderson seems to have attracted players superior to the calibre that I would have expected... unless the budget tales are true. Given that, you could argue that perhaps another few wins might have been expected.
Cups have clearly been something of a disaster. The Ware defeat merited an inquiry. Lower division opposition to come in the semi and a share of a likely 1,500+ gate in the final - plus a memorable night for fans - was surely worth risking a full strength side and a committed performance for.
Can't see any realistic alternatives to DA for next term.

Re: re: interesting season

By Anonymous (legacy user)22/4/2014 17:50Tue Apr 22 17:50:38 2014In response to re: interesting seasonTop of thread

Views: 2248

agreed. think the early season form plus poor cup performances, especially north Greenford, made things look quite bad. things had improved by the time of the ware match but because of that match, doubts crept in again

By Cappers (legacy user)22/4/2014 19:16Tue Apr 22 19:16:16 2014In response to Re: re: interesting seasonTop of thread

Views: 2202

I don't think it was any coincidence that our form improved dramatically when Anderson made "the best signing I have ever made" to put it in his words of James Shea. It turns out he was probably right.

The league being increased to 24 teams has probably helped us.

By middx wanderer (legacy user)22/4/2014 19:57Tue Apr 22 19:57:16 2014In response to Re: re: interesting seasonTop of thread

Views: 2281

James Shea has simply been the shining light this season. Another big plus was the best of last seasons players stayed with us Peacock, Akinola, Lucien, Leech & Wolleaston have given us a solid base.If Odametey stays he will be a further improvement. As for the rest, its been similar player in as another goes out. 50 players signed but not any proper full backs ?

By Anonymous (legacy user)23/4/2014 17:44Wed Apr 23 17:44:37 2014In response to Re: re: interesting seasonTop of thread

Views: 2293

I couldn't understand why louth was playing so much early on, looked a bad signing but think he has done really well recently. Leech is retiring which is a shame but Page and Maissiat did well when they played. Butterworth is a little lazy but does score goals. Osobu offers a pacey threat. Danny Dyer did well on his return too.

By middx wanderer (legacy user)24/4/2014 18:26Thu Apr 24 18:26:09 2014In response to Re: re: interesting seasonTop of thread

Views: 2218

Agree with the above, they have given the squad a bit of depth, but not improved it. Page should be as good replacement for Leech. Maissiat is a still Hemel player.

Previous thread: great win by Anonymous14/4/2014 23:12Mon Apr 14 23:12:34 2014view thread