ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Prediction League Final Result by Middx WandererToday 17:42Today at 17:42:03view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: AFC Telford or Spennymoor Town by Cappers27/10/2014 19:26Mon Oct 27 19:26:38 2014view thread

Basingstoke 1-1 Boro

By Cappers (legacy user)25/10/2014 17:08Sat Oct 25 17:08:56 2014

Views: 3177

Really proud of todays unexpected result. To go to the team top of the table from the division above and come away with a replay is a great achievement (not quite as good as East Thurrock beating Bath City 7-1 though). The dream lives on. Replay will be really tough but at least we are in the hat for the next round. Maybe people who were at the match can give more details.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Basingstoke 1-1 Boro

By middx wanderer (legacy user)25/10/2014 21:44Sat Oct 25 21:44:49 2014In response to Basingstoke 1-1 BoroTop of thread

Views: 3097

The match was not a great spectacle. Very little goal mouth action at either end. After conceding a fairly early goal, we showed some real character. Gave them very few chances. 2nd half gradually got on top. & deserved to be equal. Rediculus sending off in injury time. Good support from our following in a crowd of about 800

By Anonymous (legacy user)26/10/2014 18:23Sun Oct 26 18:23:53 2014In response to Re: Basingstoke 1-1 BoroTop of thread

Views: 3016

Great result yesterday with everyone putting in a good shift. According to Basingstoke report seems they do not think the sending off incident even involved a foul. The referee gave the foul whilst being around the centre circle himself - and seemingly the linesman did not raise his flag signalling same.From where I was standing there were 2 other Boro players who could also have mad a tackle. Pity no video available of the incident otherwise could have considered an appeal. Looking forward to the FA Cup 1ST Round draw tomorrow. Obviously need to beat Basingstoke in the replay - but who do we want in the next round should we make it?

By Cappers (legacy user)26/10/2014 18:44Sun Oct 26 18:44:55 2014In response to Re: Basingstoke 1-1 BoroTop of thread

Views: 2928

Probably a bit early to start asking who we want in the next round as we are huge underdogs in the replay! Ah whatever...I'd like Warrington Town or the winners of the Norton United and Shildon replay. Are Basingstoke really all that though? Wealdscum fans didn't think much of them when they played them the other week. They've got a lot of players that have been knocking around in the Ryman and Southern leagues. They're hardly a team of superstars. I really hope we turn up on Tuesday and put in a great performance. That's all I ask for.

By Anonymous (legacy user)26/10/2014 18:58Sun Oct 26 18:58:25 2014In response to Re: Basingstoke 1-1 BoroTop of thread

Views: 2910

Difficult to say how good Basingstoke are - they seem to blow hot and cold according to their reports of matches. As you say we will be underdogs for the replay - hopefully in front of a decent crowd by our standards. The last time we were involved in a FA Cup 4th Qualifying round replay from memory - was some years ago when we got a draw at VS Rugby. We then came out of the hat with a fantastic potential home match against Brentford. Unfortunately we lost the replay and played really badly - the pressure of the draw being too much for the players perhaps. Whatever the draw tomorrow, I hope the players get out of bed the right side Tuesday and put in a great performance that night.

By Anonymous (legacy user)26/10/2014 19:01Sun Oct 26 19:01:53 2014In response to Re: Basingstoke 1-1 BoroTop of thread

Views: 2961

Forgot my choice of team for the draw. Either one we have a good chance of beating - and take the money or - an away tie at a decent well known league club like say Sheffield Utd. Hopefully in front of a good crowd again giving the club much needed funds. Nice to dream I suppose!

Previous thread: Clapton by middx wanderer22/10/2014 08:08Wed Oct 22 08:08:09 2014view thread