ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Harrow Borough in National Lge South ? by geemickeyToday 11:40Today at 11:40:10view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: New Dawn Starts Tommoz by Anonymous6/2/2015 22:34Fri Feb 6 22:34:19 2015view thread

New Manager is Steve Baker

By Middx Wanderer (legacy user)25/1/2015 11:14Sun Jan 25 11:14:12 2015

Views: 1991

Press release

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/harrowborough/news/harrow-borough-reveal-new-manager-1367296.html

reply to this article | return to the front page

RE: New Manager is Steve Baker

By Anonymous (legacy user)26/1/2015 12:39Mon Jan 26 12:39:17 2015In response to New Manager is Steve BakerTop of thread

Views: 1791

Good luck to him, although for many it may well seem like an underwhelming appointment and the cheap option.

Whatever the thinking, he must have impressed to beat out 30 other candidates! Tough job though. Ordinarily it would be nice to have a five game bedding in period to get used to the job, demands of managing at a higher level and to enable the new faces he'll almost certainly bring in to settle too.

In this case, with only 11 games to go, Boro' need points and need them now, not in a few games time. Its also unfortunate that Harrow have played five games more than Witham Town who are currently just outside the drop zone.

It would be some monumental effort if he were to drag Harrow to safety, but stranger things have happened. Can't help but think that Dave Anderson had some input re. Baker as he worked as a coach under Anderson at St Albans (2007-08).

Its a left-field appointment for sure, but sometimes these sorts of appointments work better than a big name. Harrow have gone for someone who may give them long term stability, and should the dreaded relegation come, someone who has experience of the lower level.

Its easy to forget that this'll be just Harrow's third manager in the last 11 and a half years, and fourth in the last 15. In non-league terms thats exceptional.

Hopefully for Harrow's sake Baker is the right appointment and can galvanize the team, regroup and get the necessary points to secure another year at Premier Division level.

Re: RE: New Manager is Steve Baker

By Anonymous (legacy user)27/1/2015 15:41Tue Jan 27 15:41:21 2015In response to RE: New Manager is Steve BakerTop of thread

Views: 1710

Still 15 league matches to play and at least 3 cup matches. The cup matches will needless to say - other than perhaps tonight - be good for Steve Baker to get a good look at his squad. Obviously must concentrate on the league. Will be interesting to see who plays against NGU but whoever does gets the chance to impress.

By Anonymous (legacy user)27/1/2015 22:44Tue Jan 27 22:44:47 2015In response to Re: RE: New Manager is Steve BakerTop of thread

Views: 1856

Of course its 24 in the league now, my bad! Anderson is in charge Tuesday with Baker looking on, his first game officially is Saturday

By Anonymous (legacy user)27/1/2015 11:08Tue Jan 27 11:08:20 2015In response to RE: New Manager is Steve BakerTop of thread

Views: 1766

very true. according to one report, he has yet to sign a contract. apparently he beat the likes of kevin gallen and rufus brevett to the job. I imagine if we had survival guaranteed, one of those may have been given the job despite their lack of managerial experience as it surely would have improved crowds with qpr fans eager to come down and watch. I hope baker can get the team going and put up a fight. if we do go down, he is experienced at the lower level so lets see how it goes.

By Cappers (legacy user)27/1/2015 13:29Tue Jan 27 13:29:24 2015In response to Re: RE: New Manager is Steve BakerTop of thread

Views: 1772

I think Steve Baker is in a no lose situation. If we go down the blame will be with Anderson. If we stay up he will be a hero.

The thing I don't quite understand is why he applied for the job as he already had a job at Chipstead. He left Walton & Hersham very early on under peculiar circumstances. If a job comes up at a slightly bigger club does that mean he'll apply for that job too?

As a Watford fan as well, I've become disillusioned with the club under foreign ownership. I think it's 4 managers so far this season if I haven't lost count. I'm so proud that at the Boro we've had so few managers. There's nothing better than having stability at a club. So I hope Steve Baker hangs around for a number of years as long as he's not clueless.

Re: New Manager is Steve Baker

By Anonymous (legacy user)25/1/2015 14:08Sun Jan 25 14:08:37 2015In response to New Manager is Steve BakerTop of thread

Views: 1851

what do we think wonder who the other applicants were. not only do we have to get things sorted on the pitch need to start getting it right off it club should be a community hub.

l harrow borough fc only team in harrow

By Anonymous (legacy user)25/1/2015 17:29Sun Jan 25 17:29:38 2015In response to Re: New Manager is Steve BakerTop of thread

Views: 1864

Must be the first first team manager for many a year where no previous connection with the club. Good luck to Steve Baker. Hopefully all supporters and players will rally around him giving him the chance to move the club forward - and avoid the dreaded drop.

By Anonymous (legacy user)25/1/2015 21:28Sun Jan 25 21:28:01 2015In response to Re: New Manager is Steve BakerTop of thread

Views: 1875

lets hope he can get some instant results and improve the defence. need points quickly

Previous thread: In a season of new lows - it just got lower than ever (again) by red-v-neck10/1/2015 20:03Sat Jan 10 20:03:10 2015view thread