ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Harrow Boro v Salisbury Match Preview by TerenceToday 08:57Today at 08:57:02view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Dogs at Earlsmead by RedHarrow19/10/2016 17:42Wed Oct 19 17:42:12 2016view thread

Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!

By cappers18/10/2016 21:43Tue Oct 18 21:43:41 2016

Views: 1162

We've done it!!! Incredible!! I fancied us to do it and we have!!! I thought all these recent FA Cup games for Margate over the past week or two may catch up on them.

So proud of the team and the club! Sounded like a really convincing perfromance from what I could make out on Twitter.

Was going to fly over from Ireland for the Northampton game but realised I can't make it on that weekend. Gutted about that but I'll be there for Round 2!!!

C'mon you Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!

By RedHarrow (harrowred)18/10/2016 21:49Tue Oct 18 21:49:25 2016In response to Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!Top of thread

Views: 1044

get in there!!

You'll have to pray we are live on tv then seeing as you cant make it!! And if not, watch the highlights on telly ;)

By Uptheboro!!18/10/2016 23:21Tue Oct 18 23:21:13 2016In response to Re: Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!Top of thread

Views: 1018

OMG!!! What a result , moved away from Harrow 2yrs ago but definately going to game at Cobblers , can it get any better. Fantastic performance

By Earlsmead part-timer19/10/2016 00:19Wed Oct 19 00:19:22 2016In response to Re: Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!Top of thread

Views: 995

I've just got back from Margate to home (Uxbridge//Hillingdon area) and I can vouch that the lads were superb. Heroes everyone of them.
A better performance than the one at Dulwich Hamlet away this season.
Great turnout as well from the fans, in really loud voice.
Got to be for me my best night as a Harrow Birough fan.
Well done Bakes, well done team, well done Harrow, were in the FA cup 1st round and were going to Northampton!
COYRs!!!!!
Margate 1 Harrow Borough 3 and I was there!

By superkev19/10/2016 15:07Wed Oct 19 15:07:27 2016In response to Re: Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!Top of thread

Views: 935

So was I .what a Day out that was...

By Earlsmead part-timer19/10/2016 17:28Wed Oct 19 17:28:26 2016In response to Re: Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!Top of thread

Views: 900

Incredible super kev, just incredible!

By Middx Wanderer19/10/2016 00:50Wed Oct 19 00:50:14 2016In response to Re: Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!Top of thread

Views: 988

Amazing , only a few weeks ago after the Merstham match we were talking worst ever performances. Today was in the best ever nominations. Outstanding team performance. COYR's

By cappers19/10/2016 12:29Wed Oct 19 12:29:25 2016In response to Re: Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!Top of thread

Views: 964

I think losing 5-0 was the best thing that could have happened to the team. Our form since that game has been magnificent.

Report from Margate website

By Middx Wanderer19/10/2016 11:51Wed Oct 19 11:51:22 2016In response to Re: Margate 1-3 BORO!!!!!!!Top of thread

Views: 951

Margate crashed out of the Emirates FA Cup in the Final Qualifying Round as they went down 3-1 at home to Ryman Premier League side Harrow Borough and missed out on an opportunity to face League One Northampton Town in the 1st Round Proper.
Nikki Bulls side never got out of the traps in the opening 15 minutes as the visitors wasted two half opportunities as Francis Babalola firstly headed onto the roof of Bull’s net before Shaun Preddie almost opened the scoring in spectacular fashion but his 30 yard drive flew just wide.

Harrow should have gone ahead on 18 minutes as Josh Webb cut inside before seeing his effort crash off the underside of the bar and away to safety for the Blues. The Gate had to wait until the 26th minute to force their first opportunity as Daniel Akindayini saw his effort rise over the bar.

That chance seemed to spur the Blues on as Adam Cash saw an effort fly wide before Chris Sessegnon turned provider for Elliott Buchanan who blasted his shot high over the bar.

The Gate’ fell behind on 38 minutes as a quick break away from Francis Babalola who ran unchallenged before popping a low shot past the outstretched hand of Bull to fire the visitors into a 1-0 lead at half-time.

Margate started the second half in a similar fashion to the first as they allowed Harrow to push for their second goal and they almost got it on 50 minutes Ibrahim Meite snuck through the back line and dragged his effort inches wide when through on goal.

The Blues grabbed an equaliser on 57 minutes after some fantastic work from Akindayini who chased the ball down before squaring to Buchanan who smashed the ball home via the post to restore hope for the Gate’.

That picked the Blues up as they began to attack the Harrow defence but they were caught out in the 67th minute as Lewis Driver, the scorer of Harrows equaliser on Saturday was left free to head home from 6 yards after Bull made a fine save from Meite.

That goal only helped spur the Ryman Premier League side on further and they should have been further ahead moments later as Bull made two fantastic saves from Meite to deny Harrow a more comfortable lead.

Defeat was confirmed in the 80th minute as Meite raced through the back-line before slotting past Bull to confirm Harrows place in the 1st Round Proper and an away trip to League One side Northampton Town.

MARGATE: Bull, Sessegnon (Mambo 78’), Tumwa, M.Johnson, Fitzsimons, Parry, Moore, Cash (Thalassitis 70’), Buchanan, Akindayini (Barrington 73’), Osborn

Subs not used: Foster

Previous thread: FA Cup Draw by RedHarrow17/10/2016 16:16Mon Oct 17 16:16:14 2016view thread