ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: My 3 Score Predictions for Saturdays Big Games… by TerryYesterday 22:06Yesterday at 22:06:30view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Home v Grays Ath by Middx Wanderer22/2/2017 11:32Wed Feb 22 11:32:59 2017view thread

Leiston

By Middx Wanderer15/2/2017 11:28Wed Feb 15 11:28:03 2017

Views: 779

Tuesdays trip was an unnecessary waste of time for everyone connected to the club.
Players Officials & supporters all had to give up their afternoon & evening (St valentines too!) For a long journey to a ground that had a pitch that was clearly unplayable. This was Not a morning frost that didn't clear or a rain storm just before kick off.( we all have to accept that sometimes )
This was a pitch that has been over used & under prepared. A club that spend more than most on their players , but have the minimum of spectator facilities & a pitch that is not fit for purpose .
It's time the FA/ Isthmian League started asking questions

reply to this article | return to the front page

Boro 3-1 Leiston

By RedHarrow (harrowred)18/2/2017 18:25Sat Feb 18 18:25:48 2017In response to Leiston Top of thread

Views: 687

It seemed like everybody at the club wanted to stick it on Leiston today after the shambles mid week and we did just that. Leiston had most of the play in the first half in my opinion, with Boro set up in a diamond formation. I thought it suited Boro but we were very sloppy on the ball, couldnt put a number of passes together and looked a little bit lost when the Leiston full backs were driving forward with the ball. Our midfield looked lost as to who should be marking them as we didnt have traditional wingers. However, we went in 1-0 up, thanks to Steve Brown, who has become a goal threat in recent weeks!

Second half was much better, we kept possesion alot more frequently but the funny old game of football meant that Leiston scored. Bit of a horror show really, Brown trying to clear the ball/save it from being a corner, walloped it at Preddie and it fell to the Leiston strikers who worked an easy opportunity to equalise. I was worried at that point, as when out attacks broke down, Leiston got it wide and forward quickly. Credit to Baker though, he brought on Newman and Babalola to give us some width and boy did it work. 2 late goals, 3 important points, and we can look up the table now. 17 more games for us to play, we should easily pick up enough points to stay up and I would envisage us getting somewhere between 55-65 points and probably a midtable spot in the final standings.

Re: Boro 3-1 Leiston

By Middx Wanderer18/2/2017 18:43Sat Feb 18 18:43:19 2017In response to Boro 3-1 LeistonTop of thread

Views: 655

It was a decent game today. I think you are bit harsh on our first half performance. I think, although playing narrow, we gave as good as we got. Then in the final 1/4 we took control. Took our goals well. Preddie & Brown were excellent.

The vocal Support was terrific throughout

Re: Boro 3-1 Leiston

By Earlsmead part-timer18/2/2017 20:24Sat Feb 18 20:24:03 2017In response to Re: Boro 3-1 LeistonTop of thread

Views: 659

Great to hear we put in such a good performance and got the 3 points, fantastic.

Re: Leiston

By Earlsmead part-timer17/2/2017 10:49Fri Feb 17 10:49:13 2017In response to Leiston Top of thread

Views: 699

I feel for you and the guys who made the trip Middx .
Thank god I was working and couldn't make it!

By South Harrow Old Boy20/2/2017 13:46Mon Feb 20 13:46:18 2017In response to Re: Leiston Top of thread

Views: 617

Great performance by the lads on Saturday. I thought the midfield in particular deserve praise. It must have been tough for Steve to take off any of them as they all played well but his substitutions worked well so well done.
i agree - great support from the fans also. you could tell everyone was up for it .
Good luck Tuesday night at Worthing - unfortunately i can't be there but am looking forward to Grays this weekend.
Come on you reds

By Earlsmead part-timer21/2/2017 18:51Tue Feb 21 18:51:07 2017In response to Re: Leiston Top of thread

Views: 608

Yes welcome to the forum South Harrow, look forward to seeing your take on our performances and results for the rest of the season.

By Middx Wanderer21/2/2017 16:05Tue Feb 21 16:05:44 2017In response to Re: Leiston Top of thread

Views: 630

Welcome to the Forum "South Harrow OB",
I agree the midfield were excellent & I to was concerned when we made a double change, but hats off to Steve Baker, choice & timing of the substitutions were spot on.

Previous thread: Well done Boro - keep it up ! by Earlsmead part-timer9/2/2017 11:36Thu Feb 9 11:36:52 2017view thread