ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: My 3 Score Predictions for Saturdays Big Games! by TerryYesterday 15:10Yesterday at 15:10:32view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Burgess Hill v Harrow by South Harrow Old Boy8/3/2017 14:09Wed Mar 8 14:09:07 2017view thread

K's 2. Boro 3

By Middx Wanderer4/3/2017 22:37Sat Mar 4 22:37:23 2017

Views: 519

To say we made a sluggish start would be an understatement, 2 down in less than 15 mins. We gradually got a bit of a foothold in the game. Babalola had a shot that was parried straight to Newman but he missed when It looked easier to score. Michael Peacock headed powerfully at goal but somehow it bounced up & over the bar. In the final minute of the half a massive goal mouth scramble a K's defender made a brave block on the goal line, Driver followed up but the same defender handled. Cumberbatch scored from the spot.
2nd half was all Boro, creating at least 10 goalscoring opportunities. Kabba twice, Newman, Babalola & Driver (one hitting the post) had great chances, but Babalola & Driver did take a chance each & for Boro a deserved Victory

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: K's 2. Boro 3

By Earlsmead part-timer4/3/2017 23:35Sat Mar 4 23:35:28 2017In response to K's 2. Boro 3Top of thread

Views: 472

What a great comeback, I was keeping a eye on twitter for the updates. Well played Boro brilliant 3 points.
I see it was a bit awkward with the trains getting there today, did many fans manage to get there in the end ?

Re: K's 2. Boro 3

By RedHarrow (harrowred)5/3/2017 00:49Sun Mar 5 00:49:56 2017In response to Re: K's 2. Boro 3Top of thread

Views: 490

It was a fantastic performance from Boro besides the opening 10 minutes. We created enough clear chances to win 5 games. Before we got the penalty and the goal on the stroke of half time, I was dismayed at how we were going in 2-0 down when we should have been 3-2 up. I was slightly worried that we may start the second half slowly (as per usual) and throw the game away, but the second half was total dominance apart from one Kingstonian counter attack. We were by far the better team but weren't taking our chances, however we were so in control I felt that the winner was always coming and super Lewis Driver obliged at the death. Babalola and Cumberbatch had good games. H Newman was effective on the left but was let down by his own finishing as was Sahr Kabba who would have had a hattrick on another day. Substitutes were made at good times too. Was one of the best Boro performances i have seen. Reminded me of the team that went on the playoff run a few years ago, lots of attacking threat and carving teams open.

Previous thread: W&F 3. Boro. 1 by Earlsmead part-timer1/3/2017 08:53Wed Mar 1 08:53:55 2017view thread