ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Pre Season by harrowredYesterday 20:39Yesterday at 20:39:17view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro 2 Havant & Waterlooville 1 by Middx Wanderer15/3/2017 14:56Wed Mar 15 14:56:45 2017view thread

Harrow Boro 2 Worthing 2

By Earlsmead part-timer11/3/2017 20:44Sat Mar 11 20:44:22 2017

Views: 569

Saw Boro get a 2-2 draw today in what was a very entertaining game.
Great strike from Balalola put Harrow in front and he should have had a couple more when he missed close range and hit the crossbar later.
But Worthing played their way back into the gameand equalized HT 1-1 pity, Boro should have gone in HT in front.
Second half Boro got themselves ahead moving the ball quickly, and MCS finished off the good move from close in 2-1.
Unfortuneatly Harrow could not hold on to it, the ball came in on one Worthing attack Williams couldn't hold on to the ball after a hard challenge, was he fouled? I've certainly seen them given, anyway it stood 2-2.
Both teams then had chances, Worthing hitting the bar, but it ended all square.
The ref also had a very odd game, being very lenient in the first half, then being totally opposite of that in the last half hour.
Very strange.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 20:46:26 on 11th March 2017

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow Boro 2 Worthing 2

By RedHarrow (harrowred)12/3/2017 10:08Sun Mar 12 10:08:43 2017In response to Harrow Boro 2 Worthing 2Top of thread

Views: 552

I also told someone it was 1-1 at half time before remembering that we did take the lead just before half time. Babalola probably should have had us out of sight early on but in the end we were fortunate to get the draw as Worthing looked more likely to score a winner in my opinion but it was a good game. Ref wasnt great i agree. A draw isnt a bad result for us but we must start taking our chances. Had enough to win the game and it was like at Kingstonian last week when we had 10 clear chances and only took 3.

By Earlsmead part-timer11/3/2017 22:45Sat Mar 11 22:45:48 2017In response to Harrow Boro 2 Worthing 2Top of thread

Views: 561

What i'm I on about it was 2-1 at half time! MCS scored just before half time, just felt we should have been further ahead I guess!

By Middx Wanderer12/3/2017 19:38Sun Mar 12 19:38:29 2017In response to Re: Harrow Boro 2 Worthing 2Top of thread

Views: 506

A very decent match . As has been said , we started very well & should have scored a second before Worthing equalized. Plenty of decent performances, MCS looked to be more involved than recently, Cumberbatch is looking a more complete midfield player but we do need Joshua Webb back to pull the strings asap.

By South Harrow Old Boy13/3/2017 13:22Mon Mar 13 13:22:55 2017In response to Re: Harrow Boro 2 Worthing 2Top of thread

Views: 513

Although i would have taken a point before the game this could be one that we look back at as having let slip.
i agree it was a good game overall. The Borough performance was much improved on the Burgess Hill one on Tuesday. From the first minute we looked like we up for it, the midfield looking lively.
I also agree that the referee had a strange game. Lenient for the first hour which i think contributed to a good game but in the last 20 minutes or so seemed to be booking Boro players for trivial offences. Ref stopped us taking a quick free quick at the end of the game which i think was the spark to our lot arguing with him after the game. i saw a yellow card brandished afterwards but not sure if it was to a player our one of our management team?
We should take heart , though, at this performance and see if we can continue with it against Havant on Tuesday where even a point would be a great result.

Previous thread: Away Travel by Middx Wanderer12/3/2017 19:45Sun Mar 12 19:45:19 2017view thread