ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Three Southern League South matches postponed … by geemickey22/7 19:00Mon Jul 22 19:00:07 2019view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Havant & Waterlooville v Harrow Boro by South Harrow Old Boy30/3/2017 16:16Thu Mar 30 16:16:30 2017view thread

Swans v Boro - part one...

By Earlsmead part-timer21/3/2017 23:26Tue Mar 21 23:26:10 2017

Views: 670

Went to see Staines Town and Harrow Borough play out a 0-0 draw this evening.
Difficult one to sum up really, a lot of huff and puff in midfield and very quick and combative play from both sides on a very slick pitch, but clear cut chances were hard to come by.
Luke Williams made a couple of very good stops in the first half but Boro couldnt quite get there with the final ball.
Anyway 51 points now which is good ( more please) , noisy turn out from the faithful part two saturday.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 23:27:03 on 21st March 2017

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Swans v Boro - part one...

By South Harrow Old Boy22/3/2017 18:48Wed Mar 22 18:48:24 2017In response to Swans v Boro - part one... Top of thread

Views: 635

I agree EPT it was a quick tempo game. I think Staines shaded it as they had the clearer chances and but for Luke Williams and strikers straying offside we would have been behind by half time. A better performance from Boro in the second half. Harry Newman was introduced to give options on the flanks but I think Staines defended well and were organised well.
51 points it is and i think we can improve for the return on Saturday. A good following again for a cold, wet Tuesday night away from home. Come on you Reds

Re: Swans v Boro - part two

By Earlsmead part-timer25/3/2017 19:54Sat Mar 25 19:54:00 2017In response to Re: Swans v Boro - part one... Top of thread

Views: 660

Well what did you think of that SHOB?
I thought I was watching a rerun of Tuesdays game !
Staines with probably the more clear cut chances but Boro battled well and we're competitive. Still another point although some of the teams below us are still battling and picking up points (which is annoying! ) so I would rather we picked up another win as soon as possible.
Two tough games ahead then Burgess Hill at home I guess the overall picture will be a lot clearer then.
Can't make those games , have a good one guys those of u who are going.

By Middx Wanderer26/3/2017 09:15Sun Mar 26 09:15:27 2017In response to Re: Swans v Boro - part two Top of thread

Views: 560

Indeed both matches panned out the same , Staines had the better chances in both. Two points gained in two rather dull matches. We suffered Injuries to defensive players in both games but reshuffled well at the back both times.

By RedHarrow (harrowred)26/3/2017 11:04Sun Mar 26 11:04:36 2017In response to Re: Swans v Boro - part two Top of thread

Views: 582

In my opinion we will be safe even if we dont pick up any more points but i agree we should be targeting the top half now. Kingstonian have really fallen badly! Hendon look like they are having a revival. We would have been better off losing 1-0 to eachother in the two games rather than playing out two 0-0s but so be it. Perhaps they could have done a penalty shootout at the end at Earlsmead yesterday so the fans could actually see some goals! On to the next one

By South Harrow Old Boy27/3/2017 18:06Mon Mar 27 18:06:50 2017In response to Re: Swans v Boro - part two Top of thread

Views: 551

Judging by the quality of Staines finishing we may well have won a penalty shoot out !!
The look of despair on the Staines managers face after each miss was a picture.
52 points it is now and my overcautious self thinks another couple of points may be needed. It's not impossible for those teams 20th and 21st to pick up three wins in the last six to take them to 53 points. We'll see though.
Next up is Havant on Tuesday night and we could face a backlash after our smash n grab victory a couple of weeks ago. Still if we go there feeling relaxed with nothing to lose who knows? The higher teams in this league tend to bring out the best in us.

Previous thread: AFC Sudbury 1 Harrow Boro 3 by Earlsmead part-timer18/3/2017 20:29Sat Mar 18 20:29:14 2017view thread