ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Southern League Prem South next season by cappersYesterday 12:47Yesterday at 12:47:26view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Christian Nanetti by cappers8/4/2017 17:48Sat Apr 8 17:48:47 2017view thread

Havant & Waterlooville v Harrow Boro

By South Harrow Old Boy30/3/2017 16:16Thu Mar 30 16:16:30 2017

Views: 720

3-1 defeat against the Hawks on Tuesday night. H&W were the better team and deserved their victory but it could have been different. One nil up early on we then had a goal disallowed for offside ( i couldn't really judge from where i was standing ) and we also had a fairly good shout for a penalty turned down when their goalie clattered into Peacock which somehow resulted in a free kick to H&W.
Although under the cosh we seemed to have a few attacks in the first half. we then changed formation at the back in the second half and in truth it didn't really benefit us. We were still under the cosh but had less attacks.
The lads tried hard though but it just wasn't to be this time....still we took three points off them this season.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Canvey 3 Harrow Boro 0

By Middx Wanderer2/4/2017 03:55Sun Apr 2 03:55:30 2017In response to Havant & Waterlooville v Harrow BoroTop of thread

Views: 651

We all know that Havant &W are a decent side, disappointing to lose, unlucky with a couple of decisions, not sure that switching to three centre backs was a good idea but fully understand why it was tried.

At Canvey we bizarrely started with three centre backs, dispite them only playing one up front & our wing backs providing nothing going forward , stuck with it for an hour by which time the game was lost. Canvey were an average side but we gave them the win on a plate, not once did we even look like scoring.
A good day out spoilt by 90 mins of football.

Re: Canvey 3 Harrow Boro 0

By Earlsmead part-timer3/4/2017 22:12Mon Apr 3 22:12:07 2017In response to Canvey 3 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 633

We had better get our tactics right on Saturday against Burgess Hill its s#*t or bust for them, Kingstonian beat them 2-0 tonight throwing it all up in the air again, it's a real 6 pointer.
Steve and the lads have got to be spot on 52 points is not going to be enough IMO.

Burgess Hill

By RedHarrow (harrowred)7/4/2017 13:16Fri Apr 7 13:16:42 2017In response to Re: Canvey 3 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 653

Agreed the recent run of defeats has done nothing to help us feel secure. If we win this game, its basically all done and dusted but we need to get it done sooner or later as we dont want to be looking over our shoulders with 3 long away trips still to come and a home game against Hendon

Re:Boro 0 Burgess Hill 2

By Middx Wanderer8/4/2017 19:00Sat Apr 8 19:00:30 2017In response to Burgess HillTop of thread

Views: 564

We have suffered some frustrating defeats this season, but this was a shocker, not one player can hold their head up after tht performance. One or two should have made up the managers mind to not even bother to invite them to pre season training. Squad overhaul required

Re: Re:Boro 0 Burgess Hill 2

By RedHarrow (harrowred)8/4/2017 22:34Sat Apr 8 22:34:29 2017In response to Re:Boro 0 Burgess Hill 2Top of thread

Views: 558

I think a tad harsh. Yes we didn't play well. We have hit a bit of bad form and the players didn't do well today but in all honesty, Burgess were not worth the win. We gifted them two goals that they didn't even have to work for so on another day the game ends 0-0. It was a poor performance, probably not helped by the hot sun and having to play Marc charles-smith in central defence. We've seen these same players win games in this league 5-0 and help us get to the FA cup 1st round. We are desperate for some points and I've no idea where they are coming from at the moment but I still think they will get 1 more win to keep us up.

By Earlsmead part-timer8/4/2017 20:18Sat Apr 8 20:18:09 2017In response to Re:Boro 0 Burgess Hill 2Top of thread

Views: 582

Couldn't make it today so that's really disappointing to hear they played like that.
3 long away trips to Suffolk and another 6 pointer against Hendon at home ( can't see us getting anything from that the way they are playing )
Do we really have to go to Lowestoft on the last day of the season to save our skins ?
Please prove me wrong Harrow Borough ....

By South Harrow Old Boy10/4/2017 09:21Mon Apr 10 09:21:11 2017In response to Re: Re:Boro 0 Burgess Hill 2Top of thread

Views: 549

Very disappointing performance on Saturday. I think this could have been the worst home performance this season. Both at Canvey last week and on Saturday we have looked very tired, the long season taking it's toll i think. We were no threat on Saturday. After Driver came off injured we looked toothless up front, Smith playing at centre half where i think he did ok to be fair. Hoping the lads can pull off just one more win in the remaining four games but as i say i think we look very tired and wishing the season was over already.

Previous thread: Swans v Boro - part one... by Earlsmead part-timer21/3/2017 23:26Tue Mar 21 23:26:10 2017view thread