ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: full time HW1 HB1 by cappersToday 03:47Today at 03:47:21view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Suffolk tour thread -Leiston , Needham, Lowestoft. by Earlsmead part-timer12/4/2017 10:51Wed Apr 12 10:51:30 2017view thread

Boro 0 Hendon 2

By Middx Wanderer17/4/2017 18:28Mon Apr 17 18:28:29 2017

Views: 637

When the team was announced with three centre backs we all new it was not going to be good. We do not have wingbacks, we have proved that numerous times.
How three substitutions later we still had three centre backs on the pitch is totally beyond me.
The Hendon keeper made two or three routine saves, we offered nothing for the third home game in a row. We looked a shambles in the 2nd half.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Boro 0 Hendon 2

By Earlsmead part-timer17/4/2017 19:42Mon Apr 17 19:42:47 2017In response to Boro 0 Hendon 2Top of thread

Views: 617

Yep I'm afraid I have to agree Middx. It was an absolute shambles.
I don't understand how we've gone from a confident looking mid table side after beating AFC Sudbury not to long ago to a team that are in real danger of being relegated next Saturday. I can't quite believe it.
If we play anything remotely like that at Lowestoft we'll be down. It's no good relying on other results going our way.
But as they say we win together as a team and we lose together as a team, players, fans and management.
The supporters are right behind the lads .
Go out there next week and give us something to cheer about. It's still in our own hands it's our cup final, go out there be brave and win it.

By RedHarrow (harrowred)17/4/2017 22:56Mon Apr 17 22:56:43 2017In response to Re: Boro 0 Hendon 2Top of thread

Views: 605

I cant disagree either. As i was approaching the ground, I could hear the team being read out on the tannoy, I heard all 3 centre backs and let out a sigh. I only tend to get to the home games, but whenever we have had 3 cbs, i cant remember being greatly impressed. I preferred when we seemed to be playing the diamond. Today we were totally outnumbered in midfield and the fullbacks did not get forward enough to have an influence on the game. Thought the first half was rather even but the early second goal in the 2nd half meant game over. We had loads of the ball after that but hendon defended well and we never looked like scoring. Preddie doesnt look horrendous in midfield, hes big and strong and can run with the ball but I thought Newman or Lafleur should have come on earlier for Nicholas to offer more width as it looked like we were playing without a left midfielder! Real worry is that all the teams below us do well next week. We need to match at least 2 results of the 5 below us (thankfully there are 5 below us that could still go down). Canvey have a game against already relegated Sudbury, Folkestone travel to bottom side Grays. Burgess travel to merstham who have nothing to play for, which is a bit like us going to lowestoft and hendon playing staines. Met police have probably the hardest game as they play Bognor who, despite losing today, are still in with a chance of the title. Its going to be very tight. Could very well come down to goal difference. Hope somebody on the bench next week has the live scores going!

By cappers17/4/2017 23:22Mon Apr 17 23:22:04 2017In response to Re: Boro 0 Hendon 2Top of thread

Views: 573

Typical Harrow Borough. It wouldn't be the Boro if we weren't involved in a last day of the season relegration scrap. I thought it was too good to be true a few weeks back when we were mid table. I almost strained my neck having to look so far up the table to find us. Oh well back to normality. It doesn't seem to matter who we have in charge, we always seem to struggle year after year after year.

Previous thread: Christian Nanetti by cappers8/4/2017 17:48Sat Apr 8 17:48:47 2017view thread