ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Pre season appearances by harrowredYesterday 00:29Yesterday at 00:29:37view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Southern League Central Projections by Middx Wanderer8/5/2017 21:50Mon May 8 21:50:13 2017view thread

Lowestoft

By superkev19/4/2017 21:06Wed Apr 19 21:06:43 2017

Views: 1950

Not going to make Saturday as working, wishing all those going a safe and positive Day out ... HBFC

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Lowestoft

By RedHarrow (harrowred)20/4/2017 09:48Thu Apr 20 09:48:02 2017In response to LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1876

Agree with those thoughts. Big day. Just out of interest, are people expecting us to survive or is everybody very worried?

By Earlsmead part-timer20/4/2017 15:23Thu Apr 20 15:23:46 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1863

I'm worried, but to be fair I was worried back in January !

By Middx Wanderer20/4/2017 21:13Thu Apr 20 21:13:43 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1872

I think to win the game we will​ need​ to score two or three goals. We have only managed to score four in our last eight matches so that is fairly unlikely.
I do think Bognor will beat Met Police , I hope Grays will stop Folkestone too, that will just about see us safe!

Then again we might even might play like we were earlier in the season , let's hope so

Edited by Middx Wanderer at 07:44:37 on 21st April 2017

By RedHarrow (harrowred)22/4/2017 20:50Sat Apr 22 20:50:17 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1812

yikes, a late late goal for burgess saved them but we still had some hope with hendon game kicking off very late!! sadly they got the point they knew they needed and it leaves us wondering what division we will be in next year...

By Earlsmead part-timer22/4/2017 22:36Sat Apr 22 22:36:48 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1821

Just back from Lowestoft, we never come close to scoring and saving our skins.The table don't lie, we've been awful for the last few weeks and can have no complaints. Simply not good enough , a sad day indeed.

By Middx Wanderer23/4/2017 09:56Sun Apr 23 09:56:35 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1711

We always knew we would need to score a goal, but there was not single goal bound effort ,in this game or on Monday, totally pathetic.
Three Central defenders selected yet again, or be it Peacock in a holding midfield role. Cumberbatch wide right, Babalola Central, why? Charles-Smith & Newman played in the regular positions,. But you wouldn't have known it, they were awful.
A season that started so well ends as a total shambles.

By Earlsmead part-timer23/4/2017 11:13Sun Apr 23 11:13:30 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1718

Yep agree with that Middx you're right, thinking about it the day after, our tactics and performances have been bewildering and shocking.
All the more hard to swallow as well because I think the support from the fans this season has been excellent, with more fans following the team home and away and in quite good numbers these last few weeks with hardly anything to cheer about. Hope we can hold on to them. BTW Lowestoft on their forum thought (quite rightly) we were a very poor team

By geemickey23/4/2017 12:08Sun Apr 23 12:08:14 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1746

Don't despair just yet gents.

Harrow's points per game ratio is higher than any of the other relegated teams so a reprieve (maybe undeserved) may be on the cards if any other club goes bust or into admin, fails ground grading, requests relegation or refuses promotion - it happens.

Keep your fingers and everything else crossed !!

By Middx Wanderer23/4/2017 20:08Sun Apr 23 20:08:07 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1656

I think that is something of a long shot , but yes , we are the best of the twelve relegated clubs

By mw068224/4/2017 13:18Mon Apr 24 13:18:09 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1600

I think you're going to stay up. Gosport Borough (who have been relegated from the Connie South) have applied for entry into the Wessex League (2 divisions below the Ryman Premier), and that's if we survive the winding up petition.

Edited by mw0682 at 13:18:38 on 24th April 2017

By Alan A24/4/2017 23:37Mon Apr 24 23:37:51 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1535

That'd be nice.
I'm not dismissing the alleged source, but Gosport have been teetering for well over a year now. Nothing about this on their site, social media or other outlets.... so far as I can see.

By RedHarrow (harrowred)24/4/2017 14:12Mon Apr 24 14:12:46 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1574

In all honesty, 53 points is a lot to be relegated with. No team since the league expanded to 24 teams has ever finished in the bottom 4 with that amount of points. The same applies for the Southern Premier and Northern Premier. However, it was enough to put us in the bottom 4 at the end of the season so we weren't good enough to stay up. I did think Merstham had saved us. That must have been some finish at that match!

Does anybody know what league we would likely to go in? We are in a bit of an odd location when you look at teams in the Ryman North/South, would be hard to say where we would go. Southern Div 1 Central would look the best fit? We would play teams like Northwood, Hayes, Hanwell, Chalfont, Uxbridge and Beaconsfield which I imagine would suit the club more than going to the likes of AFC Sudbury or Ramsgate.

By Alan A24/4/2017 23:32Mon Apr 24 23:32:19 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1603

The Tony Kempster site's League Allocation 2017/18 thread goes for the Southern League Midlands Division as Boro's destination. Mileage-wise, that looks to be slightly better. Derby-wise, it's a lot better. From the "Day Out" viewpoint, it's a lot better, even allowing for Sudbury, Cambridge City, Mildenhall and the Norfolk destinations being fair trips in clement weather.
It's hard to argue with that, as things stand. The boundaries at Step Four look unusually neat at the moment. The straight Northwood-Harrow-Hanwell line in SL Mids is a fair hike west of the straight L.Colney-P.Bar-Haringey line in 1N. It's even back to a 24:24 split N and S of the Thames for the Isthmian divisions, for the first time since the first season following re-organisation in 2004/05.
I'm not sure about promoted Moneyfields - who play in Portsmouth - being placed in the SL Mids, rather than the SL SW. Moving Didcot across might make more sense.
A point to remember for anyone overburdened by gloom:- If The FA can get their planned restructuring programme through the various hoops this summer, as they plan to do, next season will be the last with a 2:3:6 split below the five national divisions. From 2018/19, it should reform to 2:4:8, with a new Midlands Premier joining the NPL, Southern & Isthmian. Depending on the number of clubs in the four new Step Three divisions, there will be either five or six promotion places in the Southern League Midlands Division and Isthmian Division One North next term.
Stick with the manager and you're odds-on to come straight back up.

Edited by Alan A at 23:33:55 on 24th April 2017

By RedHarrow (harrowred)25/4/2017 10:48Tue Apr 25 10:48:56 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1569

Thanks for the info. I had genuinely no idea the FA were planning to do this. Seems like a sensible idea as there is always one or two teams who seem put out by their location and the league they're placed into. As for Boro, southern div 1 with Northwood etc definitely seems like the best to me. 5 or 6 promotion places would be very advantageous for us too. As for being odds on to go back up, why do you think this? I llike Baker as boss but how would our budget compare to the rest of the teams in South div 1/Ryman north?

I think a lot of players would be likely to stick around if Baker will have them. The only ones that I would really see trying to stay in the league above may be Driver, Bryan, Charles-Smith and Cumberbatch. The likes of peacock, preddie, brown, lomas, newman etc all seemed to be taken from the leagues below by us. If we do go down (if no reprieve) then I hope bakes can put a strong team together capable of promotion!

Re:

By Middx Wanderer26/4/2017 06:21Wed Apr 26 06:21:35 2017In response to Re: LowestoftTop of thread

Views: 1507

We can only blame our own short comings for where we finished, but Hendon certainly had an advantage knowing they only needed to draw.
Worst still Burgess Hill scored a last minute winner v a Merstham who side WERE safe. Only yesterday they had 3 points deducted for fielding an elegible player in February. If that deduction had happened before kick off, they too would have needed point.

Re: Re:

By superkev26/4/2017 08:16Wed Apr 26 08:16:18 2017In response to Re:Top of thread

Views: 1528

lots of if,buts,maybes ,being posted on here, the truth is we had ample game to sustain our premier status, well before the Lowestoft game, but didn't take them.so its a tall order to wait for a vacancy to arise...

A straw to clutch at ....

By geemickey27/4/2017 09:45Thu Apr 27 09:45:38 2017In response to Re: Re:Top of thread

Views: 1630

From a Portsmouth newspaper :

Gosport Borough are facing a fourth winding-up order in less than a year for failing to pay taxes due to HM Revenue & Customs. Their latest case is set to be heard on May 15 in the High Court of the Royal Court of Justice in London. The news broke as Borough sank deeper into National League South relegation trouble.

Financial problems have plagued the Borough all season and show no sign of easing. Since October a number of players have walked out after complaining of not being paid on time. At the same time, a transfer embargo imposed by the National League hindered attempts to fill the gaps. For the last six months, chairman Mark Hook and manager Alex Pike have hunted for fresh investment. So far that has failed to materialise.

With Gosport now already relegated from Conf South they could end up being further demoted ......

Re: And now another straw to clutch at ....

By geemickey3/5/2017 07:31Wed May 3 07:31:29 2017In response to A straw to clutch at ....Top of thread

Views: 1353

I believe Worcester City may be in danger of an enforced second relegation.

That could leave a place in the Southern Premier for which Harrow or Staines may be candidates .........

By RedHarrow (harrowred)3/5/2017 11:06Wed May 3 11:06:08 2017In response to Re: And now another straw to clutch at ....Top of thread

Views: 1387

Whats the reason for Worcester to have an enforced second relegation?

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Middx Wanderer3/5/2017 12:09Wed May 3 12:09:23 2017In response to Re: And now another straw to clutch at ....Top of thread

Views: 1392

Worcester have been operating a a very substantial loss in recent seasons, I believe it has suggested they play at a level of football they can break even at., What that level is though would be anyone's guess

By geemickey3/5/2017 19:41Wed May 3 19:41:47 2017In response to Re: And now another straw to clutch at ....Top of thread

Views: 1407

Maybe they'll only go down one division - to the Southern Premier. They are just a straw, not a life-jacket !

Gosport Borough may be H.B's best hope, but personally I can see an entertaining season ahead if you get relegated into the Southern Central Divn, with plenty of local games and a good prospect of a promotion-chasing campaign.

By RedHarrow (harrowred)5/5/2017 15:19Fri May 5 15:19:46 2017In response to Re: And now another straw to clutch at ....Top of thread

Views: 1434

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/15267921.Snape_and_Hughes_don_t_know_what_level_City_will_play_at_next_season/

Previous thread: Reality by ibisplayer26/4/2017 12:38Wed Apr 26 12:38:45 2017view thread